No announcement yet.

Folding Wheelbarrows

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at getting one of these too so would be interested to see how you get on Two Sheds. I don't have anywhere to store a barrow on the plot (no shed and would be afraid of it wheeling itself away if left loose). So I have to bring everything in the boot of the car everytime I go up, and a proper barrow wouldn't fit in mine (might in OH's but he'd laugh too much at me).

At the moment, I use a plastic bucket/trug thing (it's quite flexible so it's a round bucket on the ground but the handles come together when you are holding it). Which is ok for weeding, but not great for getting water (a long way from our plot), manure (that's usually piled a fair bit away too) or bringing lots of stuff from the car (looooong walk involved). So I was thinking of getting one over the winter for when next season arrives.

Comment

Must say I find my foldy barrow to be a right pain - it is just too unstable! If you get the load even a little off to one side or the other or even too far forward or back from the mid point the contraption is inclined to twist over or fold itself - highly annoying.

The answer, of course, is stop trying to put too much in.....

Yeah, right!

If you hadn't already bought one you could have had mine!

Terry, 5'6", 40 with atheritis in both hands and a duff leg - why don't the fit garden?
      The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

I've unpacked it now and ... not such a bargain. Was supplied with a flat tyre, so have to go out and buy a pump now. Grrrr!

(I did try and use it flat, but everything fell out all over the place)
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Can't you take it back two sheds? Even if it was a sale item it should still be fit for purpose. How annoying for you.
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

I agree with you there Lainey Lou, yo ushould be able to take it back TwoSheds. Even though it's a sale item, it still needs to be 'fit for purpose'
            Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X