No announcement yet.

Making Home Made Sausage

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They aren't quite burgers Hazel. Our family has a bit of a tradition of 'sausage patties' . In fact when we were youngsters we liked them so much that Ma would buy shop sausages, skin them and make them into patties for us.
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzi View Post
      If you're not sure you'll continue with making your own sausages, why not ask on freecycle if anyone has a mincer/stuffer

We started out with a manual mincer/stuffer which didn't cost much, and liked it so much we have bought an electric mincer/stuffer, which cost about £70 new.

We buy skins from www.sausagemaking.org and I have found the forums extremely helpful - soon you'll be making bacon, salami, parma ham, etc. etc. etc.
      We already have a manual meat mincer, I'll start from there. At £70, you must use the electric sausage maker a lot and never need to buy sausage.

The website looks great that goes beyond just sausage making. I very much like French and Continental charcuterie and they're so expensive to buy in this country.
      Food for Free

Comment

If it's sausage making stuff you want, here's the best site to get any kit you may need:

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/

Skotch
        Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity

Comment

I am English but I must admit I love Scotland and up there they have skined sausage and an un-skined sausage called Laun sausage...do your mix exactly as you would if you were going to put in skins.....the difference is you put the mix into an oblong tin lined with cling film, put it into the freezer to firm up, then take it out and slice it to the size you want....use what you want and save the rest....not all sausage comes in animal skins.....did you know that? the spelling for laun might not be right but if you google Scotish sausage....you will get the recipe too.

Comment

very good thread. I went in for a hand mincer and that has a saussie tube so I am up for having ago. I am just plucking up the courage. I can get the skins ok but is there any advice on using a hand mincer?. I will rope my sons in when I go for it and they can have some of the produce. Does sound like fun as my brother in law does his own but a liitle bit commercial and his are hard and dry so has put to many breadcrumbs in. I think there is an experimental day coming up and lets have a go.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X