Pasta Machines

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    After a bit more research found an American site that described the pastamatic in more depth, it seemed more or less as long-winded as making it by hand. Plus I was hesitant to buy one unseen, couldn't find anyone who stocks them so went down to the kitchen shop where they had the Imperia range which I was able to have a good look at before buying.
    So I stagged home with the basic machine, the gnocchi and ravioli attachments and a drying "tree". And even though it's a hand machine, it wasn't cheap, about £140 in total.

I don't know if it was beginner's luck - never made pasta before - but I turned out some perfect tagliatelli which made an excellent supper with my own pesto.

I rather enjoyed making it, quite therapeutic and like bread it can be left to get on with things between stages and it was very satisfying seeing it all hanging up to dry. And the end result was so good!

So it's on to ravioli on Monday, pumpkin, I think
    best wishes and thanks for all your advice
    Sue

Comment

Hi Sue

Glad to see you are one of the converted.

I inherited my Imperia machine from my mother who brought it back from Italy many years ago before they were sold on the high street here.

good luck with the ravioli

Comment

Sue the Imperia machine sounds a good investment, I like the sounds of a Gnocchi Maker that's something I can't make with my Kenwood attachment.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Percy
          It also appealed to me because of its chunky rather retro design. no flimsy plastic here!
          and Bren, haven't tried the gnocci attachment yet. I started all this because I had so many potatoes and wanted to do something different so thought - gnocci. The recipe book with the machine doesn't give a potato gnocci version, don't know if it would work, will have to give it a go. Otherwise that attachment won't get used until all the potatoes are finished.
          And now I've seen a wonderful contraption on sale at Carluccio's. It's a big wooden frame, about the size of a seed box and is strung with metal wire. You roll out sheets of pasta and then press it through the wire - and you get spaghetti! And another little metal contraption for making half-moon ravioli.

The gadget warning light has just come on, red for danger, red for danger....
          Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X