Buying a small kettle for a gift.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Its not feminine logic, Nick - its chicken logic.

Be more chicken.
    no indeed VC - yours was just ordinary,clever logic that even I could understand and agree with - its the fact that I was getting both sorts from different viners that had me not knowing, whether I was coming or going

and BTW thanks to you personally VC for being so nice to everybody on here all the time - its you VC and people like you who really make forums like this work - I know stuff about gardening etc because I've spent almost 50 years hands on with some of it - but I do not have much patience and I know I would just give up altogether if I tried to help everybody as you and the mods do :-)

Happy gardening, Nick

Comment

Most of us are nice and helpful here, and I include you in that group nick. Your fruity knowledge is amazing!
      Gardeners love sharing, whether its seeds, plants or knowledge............and having a laugh.

Comment

Most of us are nice and helpful here, and I include you in that group nick. Your fruity knowledge is amazing!
        Gardeners love sharing, whether its seeds, plants or knowledge............and having a laugh.
        the main difference between us VC, as I see it, is that you are nice and helpful to everyone whereas I only bother to to interact with others for whom I have some sympathy or who are open to being helped - in other words if I don't feel I would like the questioner I don't bother to engage with them even if I think i know something which might be relevant to their question.

or simply :- I am nowhere near as nice as you, nor would I ever want to be.

"First know yourself " is an excellent motto for life imo.

Comment

You won't believe this but tonight, on our local Freecycle-ish site, someone offered one of those one-cup kettles! It has already been requested, otherwise I would have been tempted to add it to my kettle collection.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
            the main difference between us VC, as I see it, is that you are nice and helpful to everyone whereas I only bother to to interact with others for whom I have some sympathy or who are open to being helped - in other words if I don't feel I would like the questioner I don't bother to engage with them even if I think i know something which might be relevant to their question.

or simply :- I am nowhere near as nice as you, nor would I ever want to be.

"First know yourself " is an excellent motto for life imo.
            Stop it Nick, people will think you're after something, like rary is.

Comment

Well before committing to getting a kettle when I called round to visit the relative today I queried exactly what she wanted from a kettle and if the one that only boiled a cup at a time would be suitable as I like the idea of it.
              No! She doesn't like that idea so I am actually back to the original idea.
              At least she will get something I know she wants. I have been known to make some bad choices in the past.

Comment

Stop it Nick, people will think you're after something, like rary is.
                very good point VC - who the Devil would want to be like rary ? Certainly not me I'll just shut up now

Bit bored actually, as I have had a flu bug with a nasty cough, and haven't been fit enough to go outside for the last month.

Comment

When you're stuck inside you need to fantasy garden I do it a lot. Spoonfuls of honey are good too, on toast, in hot drinks or licked off the spoon.
                  Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

My OH loves a gadget and came back with one of these hot water dispenser kettles a year or two ago. I was like, what's the point of it, can you not just put the amount of water in the kettle that you want? (In fact, he's the one who puts far more in than needed, but that's another story.)

I said ok, why not. Ten minutes later, making the dinner. Needed boiling water to add to the pan of potatoes on the boil. I'd usually take the kettle to the pan, add some water, job done. Not possible with one of these, you'd have to pour water into another receptacle, take it over, add water. This is every day in life, adding to rice, potatoes, veg.....

Took gadget into work and indeed there it is today I expect. Fine for making a cup of hot drink, no good for anything else.
                    Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X