Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weed and ant killer

Hi all,
    I’m looking for recommendations for a good weed killer for path’s, there are no plants or grass around this area it’s just a patio area that the weeds just keep coming up and I want to try and get rid of them. If anyone has any advice of a good weedkiller that I can use then please let me know.

I’m also looking for recommendations of how to get rid of ants, I have got loads and loads of ant colonies All over the grass. The answer both black and red ants I’m not too fussed about the black and the red answer starting to become a problem and so anything that could help me get rid of them because we don’t really want to have a picnic on our grass let alone grow anything.

Thank you for reading and I’m hoping that someone might be able to help me

Having seen ads for electric heat guns I may give my paint stripper a try. You really need something residual otherwise those seeds shaded out will take over!
    https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=785

For ants the stuff I used to use now banned! Borax. There are nematodes but don't how effective.

Beware bringing potted plants in. Brought in a pot of lilies only to spend evening vacuuming up flying ants. Flooding the pot worked and the robin enjoyed the ants.

Keep an eye open for green woodpeckers, they eat ants.
    Last edited by DannyK; 18-08-2019, 12:06 PM.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Round up for the weeds, don’t know about ants �� I’m afraid

Comment

Boiling water for ants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X