No announcement yet.

Wyevale for sale

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I "think" BlueDiamond will honour Wyevale vouchers. I've been sent a £10 one but haven't tried it yet.

Comment

My local Wyevale (Woodlands, Stapleton) has just been sold to Dobbies, who are going to lease the nursery side of it back to Wyevale. It's where they grow most of their poinsettias for Christmas. I wondered why their ***mas display was so poor this year, not spending on new stock I guess, and there is more space taken up by concessions than is actual garden centre now.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

And did anyone notice that Westl@nds has bought G@rdman feeds? That was a surprise to me, they were going into receivership apparently, badly hit by the fire they had earlier this year.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

Big range of Dobbies bird food and large displays of cat and dog food at Dundee site, like you say, less and less GC stuff, maybe come the spring and the New Year it will revert back to gardening.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
            My local Wyevale (Woodlands, Stapleton) has just been sold to Dobbies, who are going to lease the nursery side of it back to Wyevale. It's where they grow most of their poinsettias for Christmas. I wondered why their ***mas display was so poor this year, not spending on new stock I guess, and there is more space taken up by concessions than is actual garden centre now.
            I also got the same email as that store is listed as my local one.
            The Wyevale on the A6 which is nearer for me still has an undecided future.
            Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Purley Way Croydon has been sold for redevelopment. Will close possibly end of November. I can still remember going there when it was a swimming pool. Diving board still there.

Woodcote at Wallington was going for a mere £35 million. Still getting emails showing normal trading. Hope it stays open. Wyevale didn't own it long enough to b****r it up!
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Bournemouth Wyevale on airport rd, previously Golden Acres has been taken over by In Excess.
                All plants are half price , not amazing as Wyevale was so overpriced but now reasonable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X