No announcement yet.

Banners are Back

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've raised it with Admin. Hope you can't read that post about you SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
      I wish I could get rid of the black bottom bar, I hate it
      Like, you I can ignore the side ones.... but the bottom one Grrrr!
      Slowly move the cursor along, just above the black bar. At some point the arrow will change to a hand. When it does, click and the black bar will disappear.
      Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketron View Post
        Slowly move the cursor along, just above the black bar. At some point the arrow will change to a hand. When it does, click and the black bar will disappear.
        That's right, it does - but as I posted earlier, when I change to a different thread, it is back again!

Comment

My old bookmark wasn't working properly, so I deleted it from favourites and reinstalled, and have managed to delete the bottom banner, at least for now

Comment

Strange things happening on the site. Just reloaded and asked to confirm cookies. The bottom banner has gone. Perhaps advert sponsorship expired and new advert tomorrow (1st June). Feels like cookies has to do with personal data governance and what they collect.

Comment

Hi Ya, I to am fed up with the pop ups and other adverts. As you say no matter what you do they come back. It's worse now as I get a thread, advert, thread, advert etc. It is annoying to the point I am considering boycotting the forum and cancelling my direct debit and going else where. Not only that a popup comes in when you click on the forum advertising direct debit for the magazine. I already subscribe, I think the web site has been updated recently as there was no problem before. So bye bye, may pop in on the very odd occasion as I have found a site and no pop ups or other infuriating adverts. Bye

Comment

Hi lottieguy. I'm sorry that the ads are spoiling the Forum so much that you are leaving us and cancelling your magazine subscription.
                I'm copying your post to the Admin team although I'm not holding my breath for any changes in the level of advertising. Many of us use an adblocker and you may like to try that first before you leave.
                I'll probably be banned for saying this but, c'est la vie.

Comment

Some advice from "above" on the bottom banner (meerkat) with the Close tab.

The meerkat ad works by storing cookies. If you close the meerkat ad, it will not display again for seven days on the device which you closed the meerkat on (as that is where the cookie is stored). If you see this ad on the same device multiple times even after closing, your cookies may be being deleted by an extension which removes cookies on your behalf.

Hope it helps.
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-06-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Sorry but the first thing when you get on to this site is an in your face ad. Definitely a put off. If I was a newbie I would be put off straightaway. The banner across the bottom is a nuisance but pressing close gets shot of it. The ads down the sides I ignore.

BUT I shouldn't have to edit a site before I can read it!!!!
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X