Potentially pointless projects

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potentially pointless projects

My pond at home had a solar panel and water pump with tubing - the pump appeared to have given up the ghost and Mrs Balders wanted it gone in case its non-functioning upset the newts (they are my newts but that's another story)
    So - I thought there's an outside chance that taking it all up to the plot and generally bish bash boshing it around might get the pump functioning again - and blow me don but it did.
    So I've got a pump with a 1.5 meter head and about 2 meters of tubing. So far I've thought of two things I can do with it

One - simply pump water around to stop it stagnating
    Two - come up with some sort of water cycling 'thing' that will drip through my greenhouse and keep the air humid inside - has to be done without spending money...

So - I'm lurching towrards option two - but if I go ahead with this then my slug ballista might have to go on the back burner...

(Have I got too much time on my hands) ?
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Balders will not the sound of running water make you want to pee a lot and you could get even less done on the lotty
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Either of the suggestions means you could also have a tray of watercress on the go underneath the spray.
      Have you own little pond at the lottie and nick some of your newts back?
      Set it up so there is a normal hose coming off it with a very small bore to increase the pressure and then you could have your own slug water cannon.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Could you use it to create some kind of misting device for watering purposes? Even a bog standard shower head might work, so not very expensive.

I'm not so sure, personally, about a humid atmosphere in a greenhouse. What do you grow in there? Might it come down with blight in high humidity?

Comment

I like the 2nd pond idea as well, your own little oasis of calm.
          Best of all, ponds attract frogs. Frogs eat slugs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X