Thank You GYO!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You GYO!

Thanks Guys and Gals of GYO /Grapevine, I got mu Member of the Month parcel of goodies today

Packets of free vege and herb seeds - Sal, there are some mint if you would like some?

Also got:

DVD - The Greatest Gardening Tips in the World (Steve Brookes)

Books:
    A Good Life (John Seymour)
    Composting With Worms (George Pilkington)
    Downshift to the Good Life (Lynn Huggins-Cooper)
    It's Not Easy Being Green (Dick Sawbridge)

Lots of good reading for me ready for the weekend

Thanks all!

xxx
    Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

That's great Shortie. Enjoy reading those books you certainly deserve them!!
    [

Comment

That is a lovely gift from the PTB. I can quite honestly say that I don't know of any other website that gives such useful gifts!! LJ may know of some on her travels though!!! (sorry!!!! )
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Shortie I wish you well to enjoy your MOM gifts. Where else can you enjoy yourself and get gifts with out having to stump up the cash to buy a ticket.
        You’ll have to write up some book and DVD reviews to let us know what they are like.
        Jax

Comment

Good for you shortie and contratulations
          www.poultrychat.com

Comment

Enjoy, they sound great. A whol book on composting with worms, I hadn't even realised there was that much information.

Comment

I know, I feel so lucky!

I was reading the post that I think Eskymo started about not winning anything and did band myself in there, but look at me now! Things is, I can honstly say all the seeds, the DVD and the books are things I would have liked to have treated myself to so they really are greatfully recieved.

I'm reading 'It's Not Easy Being Green' at the mo but am keen to read the Downshift to the Good Life . Apparently it's going to tell me how I can banish my life of my mortgage and work from home Not sure how work would take the working from home

Might have to watch the DVD tonight - Steve Brookes - was he that Radio DJ?

Oh and to be a real saddo, whilst I'm having my hair cut really short today (from midway down my back, to Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors) I'm going to be reading 'It's Not Easy Being Green' - wonder if I'll get odd looks?
              Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Well when you get your hair cut don't forget to ask for the cuttings so you can compost them!!!
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Or put the hair cuttings out for the birds. When you find the old nests you'll be thrilled to see them lined with your hair. Have found nests lined with my husbands hair, fluff from the tumble drier (hadn't realised how much pink/red I wore) goat skin hair from rugs shaken outside or bits of thread etc. Try it and see what turns up in the nests. You'll be amazed.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X