Wish me luck!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good stuff!

now, whilst it is fresh in your mind, make notes as to what you'd do differently next time.
    - what went well?
    - what didn't?
    - any visual props that you think would help?
    - what questions did people ask? were there any common themes you could address in your talk?

Comment

Well done you!

Comment

Well done sparrow, its not easy to start a presentation, but glad to see that you were successful, and remember the key point for June as AP said if you don't know the answer to a question say so, again congratulations
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Thank you! Am re-jigging the talk for the one in June as it needs to cover flowers as well (eep!). I covered the theory of the more complicated seed saving techniques (using insects in a tent for example) but made if v clear that this is something I hadn't done. I have Sue Stickland's book for reference, and that was well-thumbed in the breaks.

Nearly all my seeds went, and I took quite a few jars with dinner money envelopes so people could help themselves - including some from the seed circle parcel I took as a demo, which was a pity but that was my fault for not being clear with signage rather than people being light-fingered. I had at least taken out all the seeds I couldn't live without (quite a few!!).

Given the next one is in early June I thought I would sow some of the rarer spare seeds & tubers now and sell them as plants for charity so people can grow interesting things and my local Samaritans can get a little bit of a boost. Do you think that would go down well?
          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
            Thank you! Am re-jigging the talk for the one in June as it needs to cover flowers as well (eep!). I covered the theory of the more complicated seed saving techniques (using insects in a tent for example) but made if v clear that this is something I hadn't done. I have Sue Stickland's book for reference, and that was well-thumbed in the breaks.

Nearly all my seeds went, and I took quite a few jars with dinner money envelopes so people could help themselves - including some from the seed circle parcel I took as a demo, which was a pity but that was my fault for not being clear with signage rather than people being light-fingered. I had at least taken out all the seeds I couldn't live without (quite a few!!).

Given the next one is in early June I thought I would sow some of the rarer spare seeds & tubers now and sell them as plants for charity so people can grow interesting things and my local Samaritans can get a little bit of a boost. Do you think that would go down well?
            Well done Sparrow, sounds like it went well...
            Once it's not a big pain to get the stuff there, I would bring some bits and pieces and make clears that it is for charity...
            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
            sigpic

Comment

Well done Sparrow.

I think offering rarer plants for a charitable cause is a great idea and personally know that the Sams would appreciate it.
              Last edited by Lumpy; 12-04-2018, 08:27 PM.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X