Apps

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apps

OK I’m getting an iPad on Monday (ta hospital for painlessly? Inserting the monitor thing in my flabby bit) and wanting me to upload the constant info to them via the cloud things.

So, any recommendations for apps?

I don’t want diets as I’m meant to be this shape I like strange facts, history, how to grow beetroot, odd stuff generally.

On the iPhone 6 my son donated to me with the stinging words ‘I’m gonna drag you into technology if it’s the last thing I do’ I have the bank and electric and gas suppliers. That’s it so ideas please people as I’ve paid for the thing.......
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Oh and I’ve got a stupids guide for seniors as well.

I need stuff to keep me occupied while the OH is in bed etc - he’s not well and I refuse to give up on my 42 IQ score.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I've got lots of apps Lumpy, but I pin pages more than anything
      Love my iPad
      Nannys make memories

Comment

OK NS what’s a ‘pin’? X

Comment

I am no expert Lumpy, but I have a few apps I enjoy
          Boardgames like scrabble (can play against computer or pass ipad round the room for other players).
          Kindle for e-books
          Bbc/channel 4 players for catch up tv
          Various podcasts- radio 4 and world service have some which should match your interests
          A garden planning app which lets me plan my allotment with pretty pictures, and change it through the season as plans change... I found the coloured paper and blu-tac just didn’t last the season last year because I kept moving them round! There are a few ideas here https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ng-apps-spring
          I also have a metronome and tuner, calculator and weather updates....

Comment

I'd recommend the game, The Room (and the subsequent games in the series). It might be a bit tricky to begin with, if you haven't played similar games before, but it's well worth it. It's a puzzle game, that starts with you trying to open ever more intricate parts of a puzzle box.

I also recommend Todoist which is a handy to-do list that is very helpful for organising. You can have multiple projects on the go, so I have a gardening project, a housework project, a work project, etc. You can schedule tasks as one-offs or recurring jobs. For example, every time I buy new packets of seeds or plants, I can schedule when I need to sow them, when I should start hardening them off and then plant them out and so on. With things like fruit bushes, I can schedule annual pruning, feeding, and other maintenance. If you don't manage to do the task on the assigned day (e.g. the snow has forced me to put off some of my planned activities today), it's very easy to put the task back to a better day. The basic App is free and let's you do most things you will need. I'm currently having a free-trial of the Premium version and will probably shell out for an annual subscription afterwards.

Comment

Thanks to all for the above. I did'nt know such things existed.

I know whats going to happen - i'll spend all my time app-ing and no time sowing.

I quite fancy a metronome and I have no idea why.
              Does this site have an App?

Comment

I love my iPad, it’s my organiser, diary, newspaper, crossword, games, books. And lots more. It saves me space and weight when I go abroad and (as I found out recently) I can still connect to the rest of the world when there’s no WiFi through my iPhone. My auntie is 90 this year and my cousins gave her one for Chrixxxxx 2016, she loves it.

What apps you put on it depends on what interests you. Some are preloaded and some of those you won’t want and will never use but you can’t delete them, irritatingly, taking up precious memory.

You will get the hang of it very quickly.

<Posted from my iPad>
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X