Finding family heirlooms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding family heirlooms

I need some advice. About 30 years ago I was asked permission from my aunts to put the family wedding dress into an exhibition. I discussed it within the family and we agreed to lend it. This is the last we saw of it. Do you think I could post pictures of said dress on t’interweb to find it.

Second question is similar. About 5 years ago my business partner cleaned my bank account out. I couldn’t pay my bills including stuff I had in storage. I care a lot about most of it but seriously a sampler that my great grandmother sewed.

Should i post piccies on t’interweb to find them?
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

I don't see why not....I imagine you'd need to offer a reward i.e. Perhaps the market price????
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

The dress ought to be straightforward if you remember where the exhibition was. They should have returned it, so it's their responsibility to find it.

Good luck.

Comment

Facebook can be a good way of finding things. I think there even may be a page dedicated to it.... it’s called something like lost and found. They found someone’s wedding dress after the dry cleaner it was with went bust. It was on the news.
        Follow my grow and cook your own blog

https://tabularasa.org.uk/
        Wordpress Reader: Tabularassa99
        Facebook: https://mfacebook.com/tabularasathrive
        Instagram: Tabularasathrive

Comment

Originally posted by ecudc View Post
          Facebook can be a good way of finding things. I think there even may be a page dedicated to it.... it’s called something like lost and found. They found someone’s wedding dress after the dry cleaner it was with went bust. It was on the news.
          Trying FB just keeps bringing up l&f locally. The dress went missing in the north and the sampler could be anywhere. I’ll keep trying.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

Have you tried Lostbox on FB? That seems to bring up stuff from all over for me.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Oh that's awful! I really hope you can find them both. We had a similar problem when the Cockersand Abbey staff was loaned to a local museum. When we wanted it back for display they said it was given to them and wouldn't let it out; however there was a legal document stating it was just on loan so they had to agree!
              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X