X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welsh earthquake

Did anyone else hear VC burp.........
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Cheeky thing

I seem to be the only one for whom the earth didn't move Think I was in the garden at the time it happened but there are lots of reports of settees moving and cats running out of houses.

Comment

Now VC if you still had a pointy and a naughty step you could.........
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Potty, I reckon she dropped her purse
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Its so light it would waft away on the breeze, rary.

I rang my Mum, see if she'd felt anything.

"Did you feel the earth quake, Mum?"

Yes, I've been watching the skating"

No Mum, the earth quake...............and so it went on

Then I told her about last night's badgers.........

Comment

Isn't it interesting how different media report the same thing?

The BBC -A minor earthquake with a 4.4 magnitude has affected parts of Wales and England.

The Independent - An earthquake of 4.4 magnitude, thought to be Britain’s largest for 10 years....

The Express - Today's UK earthquake rocked buildings across Wales and England...

The Sun - People across south-west England and Wales say they felt the tremors and a Football League match was stopped during play...
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

I loved some of the comments made to the BBC -

"It was like a tremor but it was quite frightening for my granddaughter - she swore a little bit and my wife got up asking 'What was that?'"

He heard a bang and the settee moved.
              "All the neighbours were out asking 'what's happening?'" he said.

She felt the tremors from her armchair. "I thought I'd had one too many wines for my birthday lunch," she said.

and this one:-

"We will rebuild"

Comment

the earth moved for Mrs Balders...

... that doesn't happen often.
                sigpic
                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Can I apologise in advance to all my Welsh friends on here?

That being said...

A MAJOR EARTHQUAKE MEASURING 4.4 ON THE RICHTER SCALE HIT IN THE EARLY AFTERNOON OF SATURDAY 17th FEBRUARY 2018 AND WAS EPICENTERED ON SWANSEA, SOUTH WALES.

Victims could be seen wandering aimlessly muttering: "How be?", "Tidy" and "Can't fault it, but...".
                  The earthquake decimated the area, causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costas were damaged.
                  Three areas of historic and scientifically significant burnt out cars were disturbed. Many were woken well before their Universal Credit arrived and thousands are still confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in Swansea.
                  One resident, Sara-Angharad Davies, a 15 year old mother said "It was such a shock, little Chardonnay-Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I watching re-runs of Jeremy Kyle this evening".
                  Apparently though, looting, muggins and car crime did carry on as normal. The British Red Cross have so far managed to ship 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken masses.
                  Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and bone china from Poundland.
                  My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                  Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I've seen lots like that Martin!
                    One said that the earthquake was triggered by a rather large woman who came a cropper on the pavement after skidding on a discarded kebab that became embedded in her dap.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                      the earth moved for Mrs Balders...

... that doesn't happen often.
                      I could believe that
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

^^^
                        ^^^
                        Oi !
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I heard that when Balders said to his better half "I'm Member of the Month" she said "What Yours?!"
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Comment

Up here we would give those away free to the survivors , how much do they cost down there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X