Seems I'm a bit frustrating...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems I'm a bit frustrating...

Working away... just got the following txt from Mrs B.

"Stop buying cheap black bin bags, I've never seen such thin useless ones as the one that has just spilled it's contents of cat poop everywhere! Stop buying cheap toilet paper that you need half a roll to wipe your posterior because it's so thin and non absorbent. Stop buying cheap pizza that is thin as a crisp with virtually no cheese on and needed half a block of cheese grated on it to make it edible! ITS Not A Saving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaarghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! "

I'm guessing she's annoyed. I was testing items from Lidl's budget-end... (Personally had one of their gourmet-end pizzas, very nice btw.)

Seems I can be very irksome... Whodathouhht
    Last edited by Scarlet; 12-02-2018, 11:37 PM. Reason: Family forum remember! ;)
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

I'm guessing she's annoyed
    It certainly seems that way!!

Comment

^^^^^^That's why I am not allowed to do any shopping except for myself.

Not allowed in the kitchen either unless the ladies out or it is washing up time
      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

To Balders and Mrs Balders - be very grateful as my OH goes off with a list of 3 things normally bread, milk and tonic water and comes back with - and this was yesterday.......

The frozen meal dealt consisting of yet another pizza to cram with the 5 others into the freezer, corn, dodgy looking garlic bread and something that might have been an ice cream flavour try out that had failed even the most desparate. I don’t eat any of the above

also on top of that - washing up gloves (on offer), popadoms, bag of soft squishy sprouts (yellow stickered), apricot jam and a crunchie. He did at least look at his list and bring the bread home.

I know his health issues are getting worse but the cupboards are full to bursting

Bless his little cotton socks.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I take it you have been married for a while
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I'd love a bloke that would do some shopping! Tell ya Mrs to stop whinging!

Comment

Balders according to Mrs C Men only have two faults. Everything they say and everything they do!

I was treated the same way with regards doing top up shopping when we first got married, however 25 years this year although we have been together for over 30, and now SWMBO has no option, she can no longer do the shopping with me. We tried its just too awkward with the shopping trolley and the wheelchair.

I pop out for a shop and come back with loads more than she informed me we are running out off BUT it's stuff that we need and now I'm also chief cook as well as the bottle washer I'm never (OK hardly ever) in the norty books re shopping.

She has even given up rolling her eyes, but I do have to say as I have just sorted out the freezer and found that darling daughter had purchased three additional bags of parsnips (Yes I know I will grow some this year) and had opened all three because she was too lazy to search and find them when she took on cooking on a Sunday when I'm at the allotment. I now have everything in Tupperware marked up rather than scrunched up bags, makes keeping the freezer topped up with the right stuff easier plus I can open and shut the drawers and find what I want quickly.

My old Mum would laugh her head off if she saw how domesticated I had become.
              Last edited by Cadalot; 13-02-2018, 05:29 AM.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

My hubby does the top shopping for us, doesn't normally get anything we don't need.
                Top is always bread, milk and fruit.
                He did surprise me with a cooked chicken last week, no cooking that night
                Lumpy, I work next door to a Coop, I feel your pain with all thát frozen carp gal
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Hubby done a 'few things' shopping the other day and he was very good and he got what was on the list and a few treat bits. I would not trust him to do the weekly shop though. Ssssh, don't tell him.

Comment

After reading the answers I have to smile as many of the replies have a similar tone to - yes, Ive trained the puppy to pee on the puppy mat or yes, the little mite has started walking at the age of 10 months....................so much pride in the training technique.

I feel sorry for anyone with an untrainable................

Yep, he's gone off again. Oh well it is important to give his brain as much stimulation as possible and yes it is important to make him feel useful. The local food bank love us as every few months I sort out the cupboards, check the expiry dates and get a box full sent to them.

This won't last alot longer and the mobility scooter will be a thing of the past.............now what will he get today I wonder?
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

My OH can do the shopping any time he likes!
                      sigpic

Comment

I do Aldi, Waitrose and Tesco and occasional forays to Sainsbury and Lidl.

OH does the market, the butcher, most of Lidl with the odd foray in Chinatown.

Costco is joint venture.

I can recommend Mysupermarket.com.uk for price checks.

There are also easily accessible Indian and Turkish shops but I avoid them as sugared almonds, baklava, and halva are bad for waistline!

I do miss having a car but you'd be surprised what'll fit in a trolley and all buses, trams and trains (after 09:30) are free.
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

There are economic purchases and there's cheap!
                          If you have to double up the bin bags and still pick up spills it's no longer sound economy. If you can't eat the cheap meat it's not a bargain.
                          There is a time to buy cheap, all my tools on the plot (screwdriver/saw/pliers etc.) are cheap and I won't be upset much if the shed get broken into and they nick it. If I'm doing a big job I'll take the proper tools from home but if I just need to tweek something the cheapie will do it on the spot.
                          Kitchen Roll was a biggie for us too, the premium stuff you need one sheet and can rinse/wring it out, the cheap stuff you take a handfull then another...
                          I'm renowned as being tight as a Knats Chuff, but often things are worth paying for up front to get the benefits. I also bulk buy groceries on special offers and store them in the garage until needed.

Comment

I am indeed blessed - Mr Snoop does nearly all our shopping. Every now and then I join him for a shop, but very, very rarely. And I guess if stuff comes back I don't like (cheap kitchen roll is a bugbear for me too), well, the answer is: do the shopping myself.

Comment

I'm a dawdler in shops, yes I'm sure there's better things to be doing with one's time but I like to compare stuff, do the cost breakdowns of the offers to see whether they're really the good value they claim to be, browse the dvds etc etc. OH meanwhile is in and out in the quickest time possible, knows what they want and where to go for it, no deviation. Therefore we rarely shop together as we just get on each others nerves. Only time we collaborate is if we're doing garden centres or nurseries, both happy to while away a Sunday in one, especially if it's a new find

Just to add about buying cheap stuff, for food and toiletries I'd look mainly at cost; branded or non they're all made in the same factory anyway, things like deodorant and shaving foam the £1 or less versions I've never had issue with. Everything else though there's almost never any saving in the long run - I bought a set of screwdriver bits from a well known tool outlet that were already 'good value' and then on special and every one so far has snapped. So to buy a decent set means I'm now paying twice...
                              Last edited by Philthy; 13-02-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X