No announcement yet.

Growing goals 2018

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First and foremost to spend time enjoying my plot, fresh air and the changes of the seasons.
    Get A bit more of the previously uncultivated ground into production, plant some fruit, and grow at least one thing I didn’t manage to keep alive last year

Comment

My one and only goal for 2018 is to do better than I did in 2017.

One thing I'll do to help accomplish this is to not go on vacation/holiday for half of June like I did last year. Since we typically do this once ever 20 years or so I should be able to accomplish this.

My one hope for this season is to have better weather than last year, which should happen this year. We had the 3+ months of extreme drought last year which almost completely destroyed everything.
      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        2018 challenges?? Just a few.
        Overall, I want to bring all my 30+ beds into productivity but keep it looking like a natural woodland garden.
        I want to plant an orchard for height impaired people.
        Keep sowing the Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves rotation even though I'm sowing the "wrong" seeds at the "wrong" times and people make fun of me.

Just adding a few things I've remembered -
        Grow a Foraging Garden (growing edibles in all the vacant areas to use up old seeds)
        Grow some scrubbers (loofahs)
        Grow some of the Alphabet of Oddments seeds I've bought on a whim.
        Dream up more Challenges for SP.
        Found another one - Growing seeds to eat http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1568363
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-01-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

That's interesting GL. I'm certain that a lot of the mildew problems I get with the sprouts are down to the debris netting preventing good ventilation. Good spacing, thorough 'cleaning' of the crop when the mould shows up and I still get a decent crop, though.

As for challenges... not on that scale. There are still areas of the plot that need to be dug and properly brought into cultivation. And I'd like to give more space to fruit and to flowers this year.

Oh, and not taking a holiday during peak harvest time.

SP I actually remembered to do herb butters this year. I've got parsley, sage, mint and thyme, frozen, cut into disks, bagged and LABELLED. OOoh, get me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X