No announcement yet.

$MART PHONE$, What am I missing?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ya, Glad I am not the only one who is not in touch with technology. It's leaving me well behind and some things I don't trust like internet banking. My son has one of those phones and was playing a game he said to me you have a go, after 10mins I said what do you have to do, I'll show you said my 5 year old granddaughter, felt such a fool. Needless to say I didn't play again. I'll stick to my lottie

Comment

Hello lottieguy. I always have a wry smile when I find myself being schooled by someone barely on solids. Never say never I just found this (gotta say I'm quite interested myself ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzgLb36_c_8

Comment

I love new technology. I am so glad to be living through the fastest change in it in the whole of human existence. I am 70 and I took my degree in my late 40's in (to make this easy) computers and business.

Hotspots were a nightmare until recently, BT were taking the weewee and charging too much but sometimes I had to go there. Nowadays my Iphone is my hotspot and is synced to my laptop and Ipad. It runs the battery down on my phone phenominally fast, but at least I now have access whenever.

And Philthy, a few years ago I was doing a temp job with an 18 year old telling me how to use a computer. The fact that I had taught computing at a university was on my CV so it was a bit bl00dy insulting. I tried talking to the supervisor about it at lunchtime (diplomatically) as I needed the job. I was out on my ear at 1pm.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

I'm not anti-technology but this stuff scares me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xll7DV1O0j4

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSRo_7GC9E

I've seen quite a few references to stuff like this.
          Last edited by DWSmith; 13-01-2018, 02:33 AM.
          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Have a look at this.

Here's how to stop Google listening to and recording you - Business Insider

Beware there's a lot of rubbish on youtube.
            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Since Google is feeding its eavesdropping information to facebook and facebook is creating and sharing its databases with the NSA without warrants I would have to assume that what Google hears over the microphones on devices can make it to the NSA. The NSA is known to use facebook images to create databases of people's images and improve facial recognition software. They're also taking facebook data to create databases of connections people have to other people.

AT&T is also known to have eavesdropping software on their telephone equipment to create their meta data (and other data they won't admit to) and feed it to the NSA and FBI, again without warrants.

Have you seen the lists of known words that the NSA software looks for in people's emails that trigger flags? What about the unknown words?

Did you know that if you turn off your cell phone when you're not using it that a flag can be triggered so that your conversations on that phone are more likely to be monitored?

Have you seen the documentaries where a cell phone camera and microphone can be turned on even when the phone has been turned off?

Did you hear about the commotion that occurred because of a Mark Zuckerberg interview where it was seen that he keeps tape over the camera lens on his computer? How about James Comey?

Surreal? Conspiracy theory nut job informaiton? Sounds like fiction but it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycZwIMMEZus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcY7KnBpTLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUR6kao9ys
              Last edited by DWSmith; 13-01-2018, 05:20 PM.
              Nutter's Club member.

Comment

I have a smart phone but an easy use one and all I use it for is phone and text plus photos I removed internet connection and don't put apps on it, I don't do internet banking placing an order for the likes of plants etc. I look up what I want then using a land line phone I place my order, I know that even that is not safe, but I feel that for every new method that comes out there will be a new way to scam people, it is possible folk might think I am old fashioned but if you position the five pound notes properly it is good for your back,
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

George Orwell's 1984 is not so daft now is it?
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I love new technology. I am so glad to be living through the fastest change in it in the whole of human existence.
                    Agreed, JanieB. Just as a spectator is fascinating. As DWSmith has alluded to there is warranted trepidation over the gradually increasing monitoring of the public at large, seemingly via the backdoor, and without consent I'm guessing. But on a lighter note I can't wait to see what they come up with as things like supersonic planes are already being revisited, and will commercial spaceflight ever be a viable and affordable enterprise.... ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X