No announcement yet.

The What makes you Happy Thread 2018 version

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a jar and bottle opener so I'm ready for my growing failures this year. At least pickled beetroot and tonic water are now back on the menu...................whoop whoop
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

warmth.......

Comment

I've been a very, very naughty elephant. I am happy to announce that I was left unsupervised for a few hours this afternoon and enjoyed myself to piddle point shopping willy nilly on A-mazoon.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

This week what's made me happy is the 30 minute round trip I do at 4:35(exactly) each day
          I started the week with full beam on from setting off, as the week has gone on each day has got lighter, to the point of no lights at leaving today!
          The best thing, though, has been the sunsets, amazing skies, pink clouds everywhere
          Beautiful!

Comment

A double-yolker egg - never fails to make me smile :-)

Comment

I'm happy because I invested the grand sum of £6 for a fold flat potting bench. Ta Wil-kind-soons. I have nowhere to do the potting except the kitchen. Every year I try really hard not to make a huge mess and every year I fail. The result is an hour of kitchen scrubbing after I've potted anything.

I really hope this gizmo makes things easier...................note to self..................I must try harder...............I must not spill........................compost stuck to your toast not good (I missed a bit) etc.
              Last edited by Lumpy; 08-02-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

A double happy in one day - the pills must be workings. I ordered a 3 tier cascade basket with liners. Constructed it and there were 4 baskets in the box. Best of all it’s a duplicate of the biggest one. Now, what can I do with this I wonder. Potters off scratching head.

Comment

The fact I have a lie in tomorrow!

And actually get some "Me Time" to do what I want and need!

Bid all a good night, sleep well and as "Dave Allan" used to say!

"May your God go with you"
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

What a cracking day SWMBO and I were invited to my old troop sergeants birthday party at the local Victory club.

85 years old and as sprightly as they come, organised by the old comrades association the place was full of old friends some of whom we have not seen for 30 years, many, many memories and smiles today.

Plus I have an invite to France later in the year to travel the route taken by the regiment from the D Day beaches.

And later still to Germany for a fun weekend, however I am not sure I am up to that sort of thing these days...............
                    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

I really should not be happy but................Ho Ho Ho Ha Ha Ha...............a big cat poacher has been mauled to death by a lion in Kruger National Park, South Africa.

Comment

That makes me happy to Lumpy

Comment

Booking our holiday to Lewis, in the middle of the growing season, but I'm sure stuff will survive.

Comment

Having to re-plan my garden layout because a lovely lady has sent my ..it loads of seeds

Thank you

Comment

Mowing my back lawn for the first time this year. Spring is near!
                              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                                .. Spring is near!
                                And yet so far away.....
                                Never count your Chickens etc..
                                Many a slip twixt cup and lip
                                Nay cast a clout until May is out.
                                I'm sure theres many more ...Hope they are wrong and you are Right.
                                Gp
                                Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X