Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for my flu jab today. There was a queue for the carpark. The bloke in the (very large 4x4) car behind me decided that I was in his way, went round me and tried to park up in front of me. Having turned off his engine he had to rapidly turn it back on and back out again as he realised why I was waiting where I was. To let a car out that he'd parked behind. He was in front of me in the queue for our jabs, trying to ignore me as I suspect he'd embarassed himself.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• After six weeks in hospital being brought back twice using CPR finally my brother in law has a diagnosis of Cardiac Amyloidosis then they drop on him the following day he also has blood cancer, my wife is in bits !
      Last edited by Cadalot; 11-11-2018, 12:00 PM.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• That Mrs Cad is worried and scared for her brother.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Cad, I'm sorry to hear about your brother in law. What a horrible difficult time for you and your wife.

Not exactly a rant on the same level, but I'm not enjoying this stinking cold.

Comment

• Today, I have a tiny, squeaky, pathetic voice. Stupid cold. I have a bit of a smart house set up (via Echoes/Alexa) for my lights and a few other things, but Alexa can't hear/understand me currently. Going to try a hot drink, but if that doesn't work then it will be back to light switches for me!

Comment

• Really sorry to hear your news, Cadalot. Best wishes to you and your wife.

And as I know no chatting's allowed on this thread, I'll add a rant or two, but they seem pathetic.

I'm turning into an old codger. Looked at Facebook this morning. Top post: a Grow Veg post with a photo of poppies and the poem In Flanders Fields by John McCrae. Next post: a Minion post about deserving a medal for not stabbing someone with a fork this week. I can't blame the person who posted it, they didn't know what they'd be following. And we all feel fed up from time to time. So, I recognise I'm just being old codgerish, but...

My Mum's in hospital. Feeling very bad about my post under GL's the other day.

Comment

• Not a rant just a sadness.

On Rememberenced Sunday a special thought for Ted (Marcin Wojtak) who died in Afghanistan. H still misses you, you lovely man.
                Last edited by Lumpy; 11-11-2018, 04:19 PM.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• MY rants are
                  Cads news,and blooming fireworks,every night someone just HAS to let em rip,also went to get in the car,and a driving school came from nowhere,as we were on our own drive way,was no bother,BUT if a blind or short sighted body,or a slow to react body was trying to cross the road,is not good,and why,it was an electric 1,never heard it comming,only a flash of white,as pulled up over next doors driveway,what a bad thing to show a pupil,these vehicles are dangerous to certain vulnerable peeps grrrrrrrrrrrr
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!

Okay the hibernating butterfly in the shed is fine. The wasp I can tolerate. But the little get that I thought had come in and gone somehow, is actually residing in their. I just heard the little b******d squeak and then bolt when I threw the latch. Good job c*****mad chocs have already crept in the house. Umm snickers v death (add evil laugh). Just hope the b****** hasn't got into all of the chicken feed sacks. I am too much of a wuss to remove them whilst the b*****d is in there alive.

It is also the front shed that parcels get left in, so a little embarrassed to have to leave a sign on it to say don't open it.

Comment

• ME again,what the ek is up with my getting into the Vine,for several days now,i have to re enter my user and password,plus rememberME,then press forums,BEFORE i can have access,if i clic to far back,i have to start all over again,am i being tolled sumat ,i have been a very good girl as well
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I’ve completely fudged up this afternoon...............Oh pig poo

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                          I’ve completely fudged up this afternoon...............Oh pig poo
                          I call that a Monday.

My rant : Who keeps hiding my stuff? I'm in the middle of fixing something, there are parts everywhere, I cant move for important piles of size ordered screws in reassembly order. I just need a 1.5" jubilee clip to finish things off, do you think I can find one ?! I know there are bags of them somewhere "safe" but can I find just 1 - not if hell has me ... I've ordered some but you can bet by the time I get them, stuff aint gonna go back together properly and I'll have lost most of the screws.

Comment

• This is a rant on behalf of my dogs (there typing skills aren't that good)
                            First of this years local pheasant shoots. Skew is a little scared of all the guns going off.
                            Breeze is furious that he's not aloud to go and help ( he usually goes to a couple)

Comment

• Wasting an afternoon trying to do online forms only to resolve it with a 30 sec phone call.

Should be happy it is done, but I miss the simple days.

Comment

• Just back from the shops and they didn't have any multi-packs of beans. In this day of scanning why don't they just give the discount and do away with plastic wrap.

Reduce the plastic wrap/film and the dreaded looped things for beer packs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X