This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Philthy View Post
    Hit a deer 10 days ago (which trust me I would've avoided if I could have, but it bolted from a hedge just 2' in front of me so no chance of an evasive manouvre). Car still drivable but damage to front bumper, lights, nearside wing. Just got a quote for repairs today, going to cost in the region of a grand to sort out and the car's only worth 3K. Reluctant to claim but may have to. Or I just leave it, it's safe, all flapping bits are tied in and secure, just looks a state now. Could really have done without this

The deer got up and walked away... cheers buddy.
    My daughter's car got whacked and it sounds like much the same, in fact hers did lose bits. Like yours the quote was ridiculous compared with the value of the car. We had a chat with the guy and explained our concern (!!!) at which point he offered to put it back together with some super wide tape he had. He did a great job, you had to go right up to it before it looked odd, went through and MOT etc. It might just be worth asking.

Rant? Hmmmm. It's how things that need cleaning, like some of the nobbly bits on kettle flexes, are obviously designed by people who don't do any cleaning, otherwise they wouldn't be nobbly!
    Last edited by marchogaeth; 02-06-2018, 07:02 AM.
    "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Found cabbage white caterpillars on my honesty today. It's the first time I've grown honesty, (from, I think, seasprout - 2016 flower seed swap) and I was looking forward to having the lovely moon disc seed cases for decorations, and now every one has been munched in half.

At least they're not on the kale.

They're not on the honesty any more either
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Why I still that as soon as my peonies bloom we get heavy rain that knocks them flat even though they were supported?
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• 6foot + high ( I kid you not) nettles in the last bit of my raspberry patch which I've not yet had a chance to finish weeding.
          I had no idea they could grow to that height....3ft maybe , but these are doing way 'better' than any of my climbing plants.

In fact all the weeds seem to be growing exceptionally tall this year -including the thistles.
          Normally one thorough weed of the flower beds in the Spring gets on top of the weeding until the Autumn. Looks like I need to start from scratch again.
          Now then...own up....who has borrowed the time machine from the Gardeners Rest?????
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Maybugs and now birch sawfly attacking our 3young silver birch trees...one of them is almost stripped of leaves...just hope it pulls through

Oh...and my second grump of the day ( already).. what on earth has possessed our neighbour, at 7.40 am to get on his sit on mower and start cutting his sopping wet grass?

Third grump...had to take an antihistamine for the first time in weeks.

OK...feeling better....as you were
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Really helpful people

Comment

• Black fly, green fly, slugs, ants, snails, rain, rot!!!!!!!!!!!
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Oh, and I forgot TICKS and RED MITE!!!!! !
                  Last edited by roitelet; 12-06-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Sunburst cherry Dying off....

Just noticed that most of my Sunburst Cherry tree was dying back.

Further investigation identified that a sucker of the original rootstock was growing below the graft and taking all the energy. Cut back some of the tree, and it is brown dead. Not going to recover.

It was then I remembered rabbits damaged the tree just after planting and I had to put on spirals.

Just to cap it all, a Doe has just kitted in the Potato Patch so expect another handful of young to emerge in the next week or so.

Comment

• Broody has given up.

Comment

• Moving into 3rd consecutive night of virtually no sleep. Have a deadline, must finish, failure to complete no option. Yesterday I struggled but tonight I feel strangely lucid.. steady intake of coffee and KitKats keeping it all going

Comment

• Crows on the roof making a racket. Do they not realise I should still be asleep?!

Comment

• Missed bus by whisker yesterday as my purchase of two boxes of Miracle Gro at Tesco needed assistant to check I was over 16 at self service till, I'm over 70! Can't find anything on Google about this, got loads of hits on IVF!

It's a good buy at £3 for 1kg
                            Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chestnut View Post
                              Crows on the roof making a racket. Do they not realise I should still be asleep?!
                              Could be worse, could be 50 herring gulls.... one of the reasons I will NEVER live by the sea again!
                              sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

• Rainbow mix beetroot purchased from a certain Name seed/plant supplier a con: unless you consider 'rainbow' to mean 'boltardy'. Was looking forward to trying different kinds. Also communication very poor, though they are very clever in removing the ability to review their shoddy services. Will not be using again >
                                sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X