Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put my pyjama bottoms on back to front. As they are old pyjamas, and I have, let's call it a, erm, substantial bottom, they have moulded themselves to fit, and feel all wrong back to front
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I sowed nurtured and transplanted dozens of wildlife friendly flowers and planted them in an area around my veggie beds. To be pleasing to the eye and the bugs.
      Yesterday my half wit spouse cut the grass and unknown to me put a three inch layer of grass clippings over the area. I’ve frantically raked it off but can’t even find most of the seedlings.
      I don’t have words. Although I’m sure they will come.
      Hours and hours of careful work over the last few weeks.
      If you hear of a gory murder in Northern Ireland don’t turn me in. It’s justified.

Comment

• Many years ago, my father knocked all three of my mother's tomato plants into the pond while mowing the lawn. It was too late to get any more. I think a few choice words my have been spoken then.

My rant: I'm on a course on Thursday and Friday. It needs around 10 hours+ prep-work. I should have been able to do that in work time over the last three weeks, but we've been understaffed and it's been too busy for me to take time away from my main role. So now I am doing 10 hours+ prep-work in my own time and unpaid. So much for my evenings this week

Comment

• Just caught up with the Quince thread and was following the "Bargain Gardens" thread yesterday.

Many fruit trees are advertised as producing ?kg(s) of fruit, but the never say after x years.

Comment

• I have the radio on most of the time when I'm pootling around doing a bit of this and that etc. Yesterday I heard the following, I think in relation to some new set-up in sports, "... and of course the proof will be in the pudding."

Apart from provoking my grumpy old man reaction, it occurred to me to wonder why anyone would use such a well known phrase if they didn't have a clue what it meant, or could quote it accurately - just seems like a guaranteed way to make yourself look like an idiot.

Comment

• Heres my grump:i keep hearing people say something was ‘light years ago’
              A light year is a measure of DISTANCE not time.

Comment

• Hi Ya, I have to agree nickdub people do use expressions they don't fully understand. I attend a few meetings and it's always the same ones who pitch in to make themselves look good I suppose. I always think let them think you are an idiot but don't open your mouth and prove it. Another is when you ask someone something and they start to explain with this that this that you know this that you know, no I don't b----- know that's why I asked. Oh well can't win them all

Comment

• Why can’t the DIY stores find an adhesive for their sticky labels that they use on wood that doesn’t leave a sticky patch when you peel it off.
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• My rant..
                    OH. He keeps coming home with trays of bedding plants.
                    I don't want them but have to plant them up as he thinks he is doing a great job.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Don't the Consultants realise we are now into growing season hyper-drive?
                      Do they really think that they can give me 4 bottles of eye drops and I will remember to -
                      2 bottles once a day in left eye 30 mins apart
                      1 bottle 4 times a day both eyes
                      1 bottles 6 times a day both eyes.

If I have no entries for the Vine show you know why - I'm awash with piggin eye drops
                      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I don't feel like cooking so I thought ordering through somewhere like "Just Eat" would be a good idea. The only 2 places that deliver locally are well known for their awful food, so I either go hungry or get off my bum and cook. Or cheese sandwich here I come.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• The downside of living in a small rural town. It’s a lovely evening. Myself and most of the town are either/and sitting outside and have windows and doors open enjoying the bank holiday. So this is when a local farmer decided to spread slurry on the fields.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                            The downside of living in a small rural town. It’s a lovely evening. Myself and most of the town are either/and sitting outside and have windows and doors open enjoying the bank holiday. So this is when a local farmer decided to spread slurry on the fields.
                            At least he's being organic..............................................(sorry talking on rant thread, I shall take myself to the norty step and give myself a good telling off)
                            Last edited by burnie; 07-05-2018, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• I'm adding a minor rant to avoid chatting and therefore the norty step...

Agree with you there JaneyB! I'd also like to add big indoor sheds for dairy cows. It's not fair on the cows who ideally should be outside as much as possible. It pushes the price received down which affects small scale dairy farmers who look after their cows properly and produce tastier milk as a result, and the huge resulting slurry pits can make a whole area stink - when the winds blowing in the wrong direction it really smells at my children's school and the neighbouring village.
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Oh pig poop.
                                4 weeks ago two dogs for company and tonight I’m sitting here on my own with no dogs.
                                Run free Freaky.
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X