Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today has been going steadily downhill. So far I've lost most of my winnings from a particularly fortuitous day on the horses on Tuesday (my 'streak' has well and truly come to an end, not personally out of pocket though so there is that). I've just missed the courier with an important drop-off because the work alarm system decided to play up at the pivotal moment. My mobile has just packed up. And I've managed to trap my hand in my car door; it is now swelling nicely!

Comment

• I forgot the plumber was coming today - see the happy thread for a fuller explanation.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• When you go for a Blood Test and they won't accept the consultants request because you are in the area where you live rather than the area where the hospital is when you go and see the consultant your doctor has sent you too. So you spend time going to the practice and get them to re write the request on this areas headed paper and then back to the blood suckers the following day to have the samples taken.

last time they could not do a blood count because they don't have enough WTF is all that about did someone spill it in the lab?
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• People who clutter up small hospital waiting rooms with companions. No need for them it was only X-rays and ultrasound and they could go to main area to sit.
          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Walnut tree definitely dead.

Comment

• Back to winter weather, til at least Tuesday

Comment

• Why not bring the organ grinder?

Comment

• Frustration over a meeting that's got 20 items on agenda and no one seeming to find that will be a bit of a stretch to do in an hour or two.

Comment

• Some kids have been on our allotment site and started to smash greenhouse windows. Mine was one of them. They have smashed to glass panels on my greenhouse door. I am going to have to in between work go down and board up the smashed windows.

I wish they go and find something else better to do then cause trouble and destroy peoples things.
                    Carrie

Comment

• Taking over 15 minutes for the bl@@dy forum to open !

Comment

• Just watched Beechgrove Garden there, it's amazing what they pack in to a 30 min slot.

My little rant - the continual preference towards Gardeners World by the BBC.
                        Shown across the whole of the UK on a Friday night, repeated on a Sunday and given a 1 hour slot - whereas Beechgrove is treated like a wee regional programme.

It's not just gardening - it's current affairs, politics, sport, everything really.

I don't understand why the residents of the "smaller nations" of the UK still pay their licence fee - because they don't get value for money on programmes/news, etc. relating to their countries.
                        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• And another thing, it's the 21st Century - is it not time to do away with this Monarchy nonsense.

The recent cap doffing, forelock tugging, knee bending, curtsy drivel towards them has been absolutely nauseous.
                          Last edited by KevinM67; 29-04-2018, 09:13 AM.
                          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• I haven't paid the licence fee for a couple of years now. It means I can't watch live TV or BBC iPlayer, but if I wish to, I can watch anything made available on catch-up. In reality, I rarely know what might be available via the regular channels any more. I watch things via Amazon (loads of great drama, comedy, films etc.) and enjoy a variety of things on YouTube. Unless you want to watch live news coverage/sport or have a particular fondness for minor BBC content (the biggest shows being available for an individual fee via Amazon should you really want them) then you won't regret giving up the licence fee.

My rant: It's so much harder to make chin length dirty hair look acceptable for a Sunday morning grocery run than shoulder length (or longer) hair. If I didn't need to run to the supermarket, it really wouldn't matter if it were a little manky today. At the same time, if I try and wash it more than every third day of so, it gets really dry and fluffy. Can't win... So do I wash it now and go to the supermarket just before it shuts, or do what I can with dry shampoo and hair grips and hope nobody looks too close? Hmm, maybe what I really need is a hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                              I haven't paid the licence fee for a couple of years now. It means I can't watch live TV or BBC iPlayer, but if I wish to, I can watch anything made available on catch-up. In reality, I rarely know what might be available via the regular channels any more. I watch things via Amazon (loads of great drama, comedy, films etc.) and enjoy a variety of things on YouTube. Unless you want to watch live news coverage/sport or have a particular fondness for minor BBC content (the biggest shows being available for an individual fee via Amazon should you really want them) then you won't regret giving up the licence fee.

My rant: It's so much harder to make chin length dirty hair look acceptable for a Sunday morning grocery run than shoulder length (or longer) hair. If I didn't need to run to the supermarket, it really wouldn't matter if it were a little manky today. At the same time, if I try and wash it more than every third day of so, it gets really dry and fluffy. Can't win... So do I wash it now and go to the supermarket just before it shuts, or do what I can with dry shampoo and hair grips and hope nobody looks too close? Hmm, maybe what I really need is a hat.
                              Olive oil, warmed in a microwave, combed through and shower cap for a few hours before washing out.
                              Secondly, smsll hair clip for shopping and blogger what anyone think!
                              Thats my recipe for loads of friends and probably why I don’t have any.

Yes I know no chatting, muttered under breath whilst plonking good sized rear end on the norty step.
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• So called ‘toxic caterpilars’ According to the Been have appeared in London.
                                Won’t be long till they are here then

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X