Burgers recall!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgers recall!

Sainsbug's burgers - check your freezers!

https://www.food.gov.uk/news-updates...th-e-coli-o157

Don't eat burgers (or chips) very often. I have a recipe for what were called "vienna steaks" AKA burgers from my grandmother. They are far superior to anything from any supermarket. That doesn't stop me having the odd snack from Burgerking.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

I don't eat burgers or any meat but thought I should share it for those that do.
      Would hate anyone to be ill from eating them.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up VC I've passed it on to our daughter she shops there.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Veggiechicken, what do you do with your hens then, when they stop laying?

Comment

I keep them forever, laying or not. Its the least I can do for all the eggs they've given me.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I keep them forever, laying or not. Its the least I can do for all the eggs they've given me.
              Good on ya VC, same as me. In fact I seem to take in all the waifs and strays on the site!
              Just talking to one of the plotholders today who has a dozen ISA browns which aren't laying. He was talking about doing them in and I told him not to, until he'd seen me.

The first hens I ever got were £2.00 each from another plotholder who told me they had never laid. I had them 10 day before I got the first egg and they all started laying soon after!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Strange but has made me wonder when I last had a burger, simply cannot recall. Must have been a long time ago.

Guess it was 15 years ago when I realised I was slightly intolerant to wheat and so stopped eating bread to any extent - as in burger in a bun. But equally it could have been before then.

Comment

Don't think they'll take them back after 15 years

Comment

Originally posted by boatsman View Post
                    Veggiechicken, what do you do with your hens then, when they stop laying?
                    Same as VC here, all hens get a home for life in exchange for eggs...unfortunately the cockerels have a raw deal.

Comment

And when the eggs stop ,there all that poop ,so still a win win

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X