Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deliveries? You're having a laugh!

I ordered yet another cat flap from Amazdonia and was e-mailed to say "it had been successfully delivered today via your letterbox" which I thought rather strange given the fact I'd been in all day, seen no delivery van here and most of all, I very much doubt a cat flap (even without its box contained within an Amazonia cardboard package) would fit through any normal letterbox. Went on the Chat on-line (as you do) and posted all the relevant info and their responses were as follows:
    1) How can I help you? (I've just given you the info so you should know why but I'll re-type it)
    2) It has been delivered today (er- then why am I contacting you to say it hasn't?)
    3) It was put through your letter box (it's a CAT FLAP not a flipping Christmas card)
    The next response is absolutely priceless!!!
    4) Have you checked your letter box?
    Strangely enough when I was wondering which planet inhabitant I was trying (albeit rather unsuccessfully) to communicate with, I heard the door go and my parcel arrived. Someone's been a bit previous delivery-wise don't you think!
    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

I'm still waiting for my grandson's printed-to-order football team cushion to arrive. Ordered on the 2nd of December, in plenty of time, I thought .... not sent 'til the 18th and now they say I have to give it 10 days grace in the post before they can start a trace/replace it
    Too late by then matey - cos now I'll have to go and buy something else for Christmas.

Add expletives of choice to this rant ...

Comment

I had one supposed delivery once that hadn't arrived and I found out why when I went out of the flats to see two very soggy "You were out" cards on the step.

When I called the number quoted I was told that the driver hadn't been able to get an answer from the intercom to which I replied that it wasn;t an intercom but that there was a notice above the button box advising people to key "0000 Enter" to gain entry during daytime hours.

The manager, for that is who it turned out I was speaking to, said "Hang on a moment, the driver included a photo to back up his claim that he couldn't get access, I'll just dig it out." A few moments later, "the dozy ******, the photo clearly shows the notice you described. Please accept my apologies, it will definitely be delivered tomorrow - and I'll tell him to take his specs with him."
      Last edited by chris_m; 22-12-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

They came at 9pm no knock on the door just dropped the parcel on the step and walked away, had we not seen the guy when picked up by the LED PIR light then we would not have known it was on the step getting wet or someone could have just taken it away.

Next one was left in a similar manner in daylight, I looked and it was for a property down the road. next day the guy from that property brought our parcel, which he had opened to us. These delivery people need shooting! or at least paid a decent wage so they don't cut corners.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X