Here I am

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I am

I'm back online at last after a plethora of techie problems. First my mouse overheated and died. Well, OK, I can navigate with the keyboard - except - it's almost impossible on the vine, 'cos guess what? You can't see where the cursor is - most sites offer a little illumination as the cursor covers an item, but not the vine, not the slightest clue - admin maybe take note - anyone who cannot use a mouse for whatever reason cannot use the vine

Then my PC totally refused to speak to the monitor. Definite clue there - I need a new PC. Off to the shops - new PC in the trolley, yippee! Oh dear, technology has moved on, hasn't it? My monitor lead won't fit in the PC sockets. OK, get a converter - not stocked any more . Why? because nobody uses those leads any more So, new monitor in the trolley too (the old one is less than 5 years old, so that broke my heart). New MS Office added to trolley. Huge bill at checkout, but home happy.

Now to update router and go WIRELESS!!!

Very helpful person(s) on end of phone line, new contract, ooh, there's an issue on the connection outside your property, we'll fix that for you, and send a new router out too. It will come express, so allowing for Cricklemas, the day after tomorrow. Brill, thanks. Nice text to say line issue sorted. Thanks. Wait 4 days. Phone up - where's my router? Sooo sorry, we forgot too despatch it, but we'll send it off now.

Finally, it arrived. Hurrah! Download security, download Office, and now I'm here briefly, to say hello again.

Still got to get my stuff from the cloud. Sadly all my address contacts are up there, so no-one has had a Christmas card from me. This is a big lesson.....I shall get an address book first thing after Christmas, and get hard copy of important stuff. So much of my life has been locked up irretrievably for two weeks.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

I wondered where you were MH Glad you're OK and getting sorted. What a faff.

Comment

At least you are back, and in time for me to say Merry Chrimble

Comment

About piggin time as you have been missed! X
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

It's been a pretty awful month, really. Abcess in my tooth so I'm halfway through root canal work (which has to be put on hold while we are on 12 hour shifts), I've had "it's probably not shingles, but too late to treat now anyway" on my scalp and down my forehead to my left eye, which was swollen shut for a day and a half, a very bad cold, and I seldom get so much as a sniffle, then to cap it all got home from work on Wednesday to find my Mum lying on the floor - she had gone to sit down on the sofa, missed the edge and slid onto the floor, where she was totally unable to get herself back up, or reach the phone, so she had been lying there for 3 hours till I got home at 6.30.

Fortunately there was a fleece and cushions on the sofa she'd managed to reach so she didn't get too cold,but it was a scary moment for me when I got home and found her. I'm going to insist she has a personal alarm call button from now on. She's so independent she never would have one.

So, only two more work days, then the whole of Christmas day off. Yippee!
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Poor you, MH - and your Mum.
            We insisted my Mum had one of those call thingies and its very reassuring for the family. Twice she's had to be assisted back to her feet - I think she likes it actually as she tells me about this big strong man who comes to help. The first time he used one of those inflating things to raise her, the second time he just lifted her up - she liked that!

Comment

Welcome "Back in the building" MH!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Welcome back MH you're right it does sound like you've had an awful month, hopefully that's all behind you now.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

welcome back on line lass.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

welcome back, hope you and mum feel better now.

Comment

Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your mum, though. Bet she'll be more willing to have one of those alarm things now. My mum has one. She's never had to use it but it's a weight off everyone's mind knowing that she could if she ever needed to.

As for the address book, I know the feeling... Time for me to get one too.

Comment

Thanks everyone. things are looking up. Got my tree up, will post a pic on the tree thread tomorrow maybe. My mum has 4 grandchildren who live fairly locally, and each one individually thought a bowl of hyacinths would be a nice Christmas gift for Mum (or maybe they colluded ), so with the three bowls I planted in September as usual and have just brought out of darkness we're a bit oversupplied! Good thing we both love the scent

Finally found my backup files in the cloud. OMG! There are some so old I barely remember them, deleted off PC years ago, so having to sift through to find what I want back

Hope everyone's been well while I've been AFK and many belated happies to folk whose birthdays I have missed.

I missed you all and it's so nice to be back again
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X