Christmas trees and decorations!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas trees and decorations!

I've not put mine up yet but my boy is back from Uni on Saturday and I want the house decorated by then.....real tree for me in the living room and another potted tree in the dining room where we have our Christmas dinner.
    I got the potted one for a bargain three years ago - repotted once but going strong. I may plant it in the ground after this Christmas.

What are you doing? Real tree, artificial tree or Scrooge ? Or just a few decorations?
    Any photos? Please share
    Last edited by Scarlet; 12-12-2017, 11:06 AM.

Scrooge!!!!!!!!!
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Real for me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	2375892
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roitelet View Post
        Scrooge!!!!!!!!!
        Bag Humbug!

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
        Real for me!
        That's lovely Jay!....making me feel jealous!

Comment

We have had an arty one for a few years now, the modern ones look quite nice, planning on planting a real one in the front garden for next year for an outdoor one though.
          ps ours went up on Sunday
          Last edited by burnie; 12-12-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Our trees real

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0926.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	2375893

Comment

Another 8 days before our tree goes up. Quite excited because I've got lots of new tree decorations for it this year. Things to keep forever. Hopefully they will last as long as my little Mr & Mrs Claus tree decorations. They will be 36 this year! Bought them when we spent Christmas in Malta, I was 10. Artificial half tree ( fits flat against the wall ) no space for a real tree anymore and a little artificial tree in the dining room ( that's always decorated with chocolate baubles)
              Photos to follow in about 8 days

Comment

I am not bothering this year putting a tree up. Just got no where to put it. Plus just don't feel in the Christmas mood this year.
                Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  What are you doing? Real tree, artificial tree or Scrooge ? Or just a few decorations?
                  Not a Scrooge - just not interested.
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 12-12-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Christmas, never had much interest in New Year/Hogmanay, Christmas Eve was always when I get a bit excited.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't bother (I know that's a bit of a surprise to you) but OH wants one up for the boy's, I have suggested that I cut some branches from a tree in the back hedge, but I am still waiting on an answer, the bare branches decorated would be more realistic after all the trees that are bought are all foreign imports, including the plastic ones
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

We used to go to a local farm and pick our own tree, some were already dug up but if you wanted a smaller tree they handed you a spade. We did that for years but now even our grandkids have grown up so we don't feel the pressure to keep that tradition.
                        All we do now is to gather holly and pine cones to decorate the mantle piece and overhead mirror but that's about it, the room looks festive enough for me.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mr Snoop claims to find Christmas decorations ridiculous. However, every year we have kids visiting in early December and every year he puts up decorations with them. The tree is an olive growing outside. The kids were here last week and they put up the usual baubles and stuff outside on the tree and decorated our outside sitting area. Inside, they've put up a few baubles and loads of tinselly streamers. Looks nice. I half expected them to come down when the visitors left, but no, they're still there. That said, Mr Snoop has declared that lots of the decorations will have to be thrown out because they're all coming apart. Maybe, but that's just a good excuse for me to get some more. And maybe some new lights...

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                            I am not bothering this year putting a tree up. Just got no where to put it. Plus just don't feel in the Christmas mood this year.
                            Hope things improve, Carrie. Lots of big hugs.

Comment

Our little cottage seems to love being decorated for Christmas. Now we have a great-niece and great-nephew it's even more special to see their little eyes widening in wonder when they come round. Our tree (just off to the right) is a real one that we re-pot each year. What better way to enliven your winter's day.
                              Attached Files
                              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X