the good side to this weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the good side to this weather

just to prove that there is always a silver lining.....
    just finished an inspection outside and I am pleased to note not a caterpillar in sight and the late flourish of cabbage whites have disappeared and all the usual slug hiding spots are well and truely iced, you don't get arctic slugs do you?

have you googled to see if any exhist if so what to but on them,apart from a winter coat,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Well, they put salt on the roads to stop them freezing, d'ya reckon that'd work with arctic slugs too?
      ;-)

Comment

The little brown horrors are still alive and slithering on our plot, and we've hit minus four several times, now....

Comment

While digging in the garden I'm finding some rather large cocoons in the dirt. Other than that the bugs are hiding which is a good thing.
          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

^^^^^^^^A few really good frosts sort out a shed load of pesky problems...
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

And if there is a good covering of snow my garden looks as tidy as everyone else's garden
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

https://species.nbnatlas.org/species/NHMSYS0001701986

Arctic field slug, sorry alex

Comment

sobbing uncontrolabley, if harsh scottish winters don't kill them we are all doomed, doomed I say!

Comment

Some slugs eat other slugs,I hope we've got a fair share of the carnivorous slugs so they'll just eat each other,don't worry!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X