X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning it was a cool 6.5c overnight in my GH I expected it being warmer so I'd left my toms in there, cucs still in the kitchen though.

That cake looks pretty Nicos its a bit to sweet for me but you do need a little treat even if you're on a diet.

Leave a comment:

• happyhumph
    replied
    Morning all. Nicos I'm impressed! Had a lovely day yesterday, youngest did well on bike especially as recovering from chicken pox and back to school today. Bought myself some dark chocolate cited stem ginger from sweetie shop - yum

Work today, looks like being lovely outside so should be good. New customer this morning. Right, off to make lunches as didn't do last night. Have a good day whatever you get up to.

Leave a comment:

• Cadalot
    replied
    Morning Crew Sunny and 18C forecast for here today, the sun has not hit the top of the garden yet and it's between 8.5 - 8.9C in the Space Saver Greenhouse but 9.7C in the cold frame! That's where my babies went yesterday after being potted on

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-05-13 Cold Frame 02S.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	2378256

As I have an empty boot, I may do a removal run from my Spencer Road plot to my Mill Green plot this morning, once my little Triffid is up and awake.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Talking of afternoon tea I had a sudden urge to bake yesterday (don't worry, it's not contagious...I think it was purely an evasive exercise trying to avoid the ironing pile!)

This is what I made....

http://www.alsothecrumbsplease.com/h...-torte-recipe/
    Gawd knows why, as I'm still on a diet!

Very fiddly....rediculously high in calories and a bit too sickly for my taste...but...I love the nutty , soft and slightly chewy meringue and will deffo make that as a base instead of pastry from time to time.
    The rest has gone into the freezer...hope it freezes ok!
    Last edited by Nicos; 14-05-2018, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Many Congrats for yesterday Flo'nMrFlo
    Afternoon tea?...how lovely!...very thoughtful.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Lovely day yesterday and started the same today. It was my wedding anniversary yesterday, forgot to mention it! Tea at my daughter's was delightful, she bought a China teapot and some cake stands especially. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Nearly forgot...kettle's on...

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all
    Looks calm but cloudy out there today.
    More domestics for me...never ending is it?...pah...I'd prefer to out there weeding

Snoop..I really feel for you
    Makes my small grumble about the frost getting....yet again...to my mirabelles pale into insignificance.

Hope everyone has a great day...see ya later!

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Temperature here dropping like a stone . My phone tells me it won't get below 6c here tonight but I'm prepared for frost. Delicate stuff which was outside hardening off has been whipped back into the greenhouse.

Better half's air pots dusted off and assembled ready for action. I'm sticking with ordinary pots filled with growbag compost. I'm convinced they do better in deep pots than they do in growbags.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good evening all.
    Home now after a lovely family day out.
    Just covered all my plants in the greenhouse.
    The temp finally seems to be going up.
    Still 15 deg here.
    Hope to plant out some flowers tomorrow.
    Good night all.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening it ended up being a sunny day here emptied then pressure washed my GH its all nice and clean ready to plant out my toms. After that it came very hot so I hid under the gazebo for the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    Afternoon all,wow what a hot day again,a little rain overnight,we could do with a bit more,sounds like we have a repete for tomoz,to hot for my comfort,think our last frost date has gone,so next job is some beans in the ground and the rest along with outdoor squash ext will be put outside and left,not in and out,as long as i put them in trays of water should be fine,just thought,i have some large long prop lids to pop on,sowed some more beans and lettuce,i am finding things very tireing this year,enjoy your evening and Bgood2yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Aberdeenplotter
    replied
    Afternoon all, two visits from me in one day, you should deem yourselves honoured . Well the football went our way today and the rain has now gone and I've tried to tidy up in the garage(and didn't make much of an impression) so all is well chez me. We have a problem looming in the greenhouses though. Some of the tomato plants are ready to go into their final pots but where the pots are due to go still has a miriad of plants on staging. Something's gotta give

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Beautiful bright sunny morning with 11deg temp.
    Off to mass shortly.
    Family lunch in our favourite restaurant.
    Celebrating three April birthdays, three May birthdays and A conformation.
    Should be a good day as it's not always possible to get the whole family together.
    Have a good day all whatever you're doing.

Leave a comment:

• Thelma Sanders
    replied
    Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Bright and breezy day this morning but the land is a mess: massive but very short hailstorm yesterday afternoon. 25 mm/litres of rain and hail in maybe ten minutes. Astonishing. Hailstones small but destructive because of the sheer volume. On the positive side, I had taken my tomato plants in beforehand, most of my seeds are still in their packets and none of the animals got injured. JT, my ploughing friend, came round yesterday with loads of lettuce seedlings. Not sure how to deal with them as I can't even walk on the land at the moment. I imagine most of the almonds will have got bashed off, likewise the pears.

Anyway, today's another day.
    Can't like that, it sounds bad! Hope some of the crop remains.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X