No announcement yet.

Growing Mojo?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumpy why don't you post a list of plants you would like, and if any Grapes have some of you veg. surplus, they could contact you for a delivery address if they want
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
      Thank you all for your commenrs - as usual your support is worth its weight in gold.

I do feel like its cheating though - but thats my issue not any one elses.
      Its not cheating Lumpy you're growing veg like everyone else on the vine.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

It is cheating a bit though......

I'm joking Lumpsters !!!
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Don't you start, Kelvin
          Pick on someone like Baldy

Comment

oi !!

- though I think Kelvin was very brave 'cos I started typing wot he wrote then bottled it...
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

None of it is cheating. Although I've grown a few things since Brian died I've only gone back into it seriously this year. A lot of my seeds failed so I bought plug plants to replace them. Some of them failed so I bought pot plants. I still don't have aubergines, peanut butter squash, courgettes, marrows etc. There is always next year and I will try again hopefully I will have my (temporary) polytunnel by then.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

VVS rules state "All entries must have been grown by the entrant for at least two-thirds of the life of the plant and should have been cropped during the (this year) season ".

So, purchasing plants as plugs or seedlings needn’t be a barrier to entry ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                  I still don't have peanut butter squash
                  Are they Smooth or Crunchy Janie?..............................
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 29-10-2017, 06:54 AM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think it's a fabulous idea and wish something similar was available here. Even with our long growing season, sometimes time gets away from me and I just don't get around to starting stuff off at the best time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X