X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
    I've still got my polaroid - often comes in useful
    Been doing Kryten Impressions Again?

I've got several lenses for me old 35mm camera but use them with adapters on my Micro four thirds digital.

My first digital camera took 3.5 inch disks and took a VGA sized photo (640 by 480) I think that digital resolution has gotten to a stage where it has surpassed the grain on 35mm film and sensitivity is improving with each new camera release whith whopping great ISO numbers you never had on my old pentax or practica. The processors on the digi cams are now better than most of my previous PCs.

I was ALMOST tempted to buy a Pentax Auto 110 SLR camera a few months back. This was a full SLR camera that used the 110 format, The 110 image size is basically the same size as the sensor of the Micro Four Thirds camera and the distance from the lens to the negative on the 110 is only slightly less than the distance between the lens and the MFT sensor. I decided that I would probably never use the camera or if I did I'd probably not get round to getting the film developed so I passed on the camera. I did get a couple of lenses and adapters though so now have some tiny f2.8 lenses for my MFT camera (and I'm sure that I could jerry rig a way to mount them to a gopro).

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I've still got my polaroid - often comes in useful
      Seriously or are you just joking? With those winking smileys I assume you're joking but maybe you're just winking because of WHERE you take polaroids ...

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
      Been doing Kryten Impressions Again?
      I know who/what Kryten is but I don't get the connection. Is it a 'Baldy' thing?
      Last edited by DWSmith; 17-10-2017, 08:35 PM.
      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

DW, I believe our esteemed moderator was referencing this sketch from Red Dwarf:
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0ofl_UP3apM
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

... and I was joking
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Wow! I don't remember that episode of Red Dwarf. ("... a double polaroid!" ) The PBS station probably thought it too risque. If they had shown it I would have remembered it. I wish they'd put Red Dwarf back on their schedule along with Blake's Seven. Waiting for God and Last of the Summer Wine are good but they just aren't cutting it for me any more.

... and I was joking
            So was I.
            Last edited by DWSmith; 18-10-2017, 12:01 PM.
            Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X