Save Cemetery*Road Allotments

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save Cemetery*Road Allotments

Plans for a new school in Huddersfield will lead to the destruction of 35 allotment plots on a site where there are no vacant plots! The loss of allotments is to provide a sports pitch next to the new school. This is the second time that allotments have been lost in the last decade due to development plans.

The plot holders at Cemetery Road Allotments are trying to fight the recent decision by Kirklees Council to destroy one third of their land which they consider is little more than an act of vandalism and one they intend to fight.

Please help them and Sign their petition at https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...s-huddersfield

To read more about this Allotments in Huddersfield hit for the second time in a decade by development plans - Huddersfield Examiner
    Last edited by Cadalot; 28-09-2017, 01:52 PM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Disgraceful! Signed
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

What a state of affairs!

Comment

Terrible. They deserve lots of support.

Comment

What are the odds that they make the sports pitch, then five or so years down the road decide they don't need it and sell it off for development? I drove past my old school last week and was shocked to see the playing field buried under a seven storey development for the nearby university.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

I'm all for sport being played at schools and I understand they have to build near the families that will send their children to the school, but surely in the planning application they should consider all involved and affected?

Comment

I've just looked at their FB page - in the last hour they posted this:-

Rumour has it we are getting our NOTICE TO QUIT next week. We’ll be devastated to lose our land and community. If we get this petition signed and shared the Council surely have to debate it or even meet us for that matter! Please, please sign and share - or tag a couple of friends. Thank you -->
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-11-2017, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I've signed the petition, and I'd encourage everyone to do so - it only takes two minutes. Good luck to the campaign to save the allotments!

Comment

Its been on the news!
                  https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...hdiLT_-X7YMTbw

Comment

Makes you laugh when councils have been selling off school playing fields for developement for decades , signed.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X