No announcement yet.

Adult Colouring Book?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to mention jigsaws but NVG beat me to it.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Thank you for doing the search for me NVG. It never occurred to me that sites like that existed. I shall keep the link for this specific (and very sad) site.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Your welcome Lumpy. I've been there with my nan. It was hard for everyone. The worst things were when she realised she was getting forgetful and the way people change when they find out.
        sigpic

Comment

Anything here, Lumpy?

https://www.unforgettable.org/

Comment

Thank you VC. I shall have a good mooch.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Have you considered modelling clay.
              It would keep his hands busy and made to ny shape and size .
              Its also inexpensive.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                My OH has quite serious health problems and I have been wondering what to get him for over the winter when he can longer go outside and rip the weeds (and quite a few plants) up.

I have been reading about adult colouring books as they are supposed to help with stress and memory etc.

Has anybody had a go with them or do you know someone who has.

If so what are they worth him trying?
                While SWMBO was recovering from a minor surgery she would sit for hours in front of the television coloring in her books. She became quite addicted to them. It really helped her relax. She still loves them but doesn't use them quite as much now that she can get around okay.
                Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Thank you to everyone who has replied (and to those that have thought about it). I ordered him 2 books plus a whole load of pens which turned up today.

I don't care if the colours are in the lines, what colours are mixed with what or whether the pics make sense to me after he has had a go at them because I just want him to be happy.

p.s After looking at the books I may have found myself a new hobby. OH has said that he would like to use the coloured in pics to decorate the fronts of the kitchen cupboards (boring at the best of times) and I said 'go for it'.

Comment

Sounds like he's found an interest too, Lumpy. Well done
                    There seem to be themed colouring books for almost everything - did you say he like planes? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airplanes-S.../dp/0486241076
                    You can also print out images for colouring - Airplanes coloring pages | Free Coloring Pages

Comment

VC you are what the Vine strives to be - glorious. Thanks Chick. xx

Comment

Just don't ask me how to work a printer

Comment

Glad your OH is interested in the books Lumpy - like the idea of decorating boring kitchen cupboards with them.
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X