Overkill? Not enough? Just right?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ESBkevin View Post
    I plan to get my Iseki out of the shed for some compost hauling this evening, seeing you Kubota just made me more determined to play...er..I mean work with the tractor.
    Tractor time is play time! It's a fun way to get work accomplished.

Do you have some pictures of your Iseki you can post here?
    Nutter's Club member.

Comment

As i bought it

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_56.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	2375349

Comment

With some old duffer ploughing!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20141101_160813small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	2375350

Comment

Thanks for the picture!
          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

So DW how is that new Kubota running and does it do what you want?

Comment

It starts right up and runs great. I have a dump cart, broadcast spreader, and sprayer that should all work with it. I've only used the dump cart so far. It came with a 60" mowing deck that works fine. I want to get a box blade in a couple of weeks to maintain the gravel driveway. It will be a while but I'd like to get snow blower and maybe tiller attachments for it. (I have mixed feelings about tillers.) Those are $$$ and will take a while to save up for.

Lots of chores can be made a lot easier with this thing.

I like that ploughing you did in your picture. What type of plough is that? (Spell checker was complaining so I replaced plow with plough. )
              Last edited by DWSmith; 12-10-2017, 02:03 PM.
              Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Originally posted by DWSmith View Post
                It starts right up and runs great. I have a dump cart, broadcast spreader, and sprayer that should all work with it. I've only used the dump cart so far. It came with a 60" mowing deck that works fine. I want to get a box blade in a couple of weeks to maintain the gravel driveway. It will be a while but I'd like to get snow blower and maybe tiller attachments for it. (I have mixed feelings about tillers.) Those are $$$ and will take a while to save up for.

Lots of chores can be made a lot easier with this thing.

I like that ploughing you did in your picture. What type of plough is that? (Spell checker was complaining so I replaced plow with plough. )
                Yes the US plow is plough here in England but pronounced exactly the same. Winston Churchill described us as two nations divided by a common language!

Here in Europe we can access from on the continent so I bourt mine from here
                Ploughs

The price has shot up since I bought mine (with the fall in the value of sterling).

It's a simple no nonsense device without a cutter disk or blade and with limited adjustments, but setting the angles correct so the frame sits horizontal front to back and left to right when in the furrow is the key to half decent results. OK for simple garden patches but it would struggle to look pretty doing anything of size. Theres probably a USA version from everything attachments or similar. there might even be something suitable for your Kubota or 3000 in the local auction sites. Weight is a big key to traction when ploughing and sometimes even getting the plough to bite into hard earth.

Here in the UK there are competitions held for neat ploughing, it's a serious business using vintage machines.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X