Overkill? Not enough? Just right?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
    I use three varying sizes of Kubota tractors at work. Joy of joys, I've got to drive the biggest on the road for about seven mile between sites tomorrow afternoon, avoiding rushhour............very embarrassing when you've got a convoy of cars half a mile long behind you!
    Could be worse. You could be driving your car - imagine the tailback you'd have then.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I knew an octegenarian lady up in Orkney who had one of those old Fords as her island run about. Well, I say run about, actually you could hear her coming 10 minutes before she actually arrived. She was also blind as a bat so never went anywhere at more than 8 miles an hour.
      Last edited by Birdie Wife; 08-09-2017, 11:13 AM.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

OH NO!...

Now I have to start buying lottery tickets. It's the only way I'll ever get one of those Kubotas and now I really, really want one (there's a Kubota dealer in our village...).

Comment

Just back from a harrowing drive on busy roads in Kubota 5040...............I'm still shaking!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I have a friend with a Kubota Narrow, as they call them here (with interesting pronunciation). Meaning I have tractor envy.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              I have a friend with a Kubota Narrow, as they call them here (with interesting pronunciation). Meaning I have tractor envy.
              Vinyard machines have a narrower wheelbase so they fit easily between the rows of vines.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Vinyard machines have a narrower wheelbase so they fit easily between the rows of vines.
                It's a dinky little number. My friend drives it like a madman amid his almond trees and reverses at a speed that can only be described as expletive daft.

Went out shopping with Mr Snoop today. He commented on a flashy Merc, so I owned up about my new longing for a Kubota RUV. He wasn't surprised...
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 09-09-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Got the sickle bar mower out this afternoon and mowed around the pond.

This is at the shallow end. Need to get the weeds shorter all the way around but it looks much better than it did a few hours ago. I think I still had the mower in the transporting position instead of the operating position. It rides too high in that position. (It has been a while since I have used this mower.)

Update: Operator error has been corrected Sunday night. The pond looks much better with the short grass and so does our ditch up and down the road.. Couldn't reach out far enough to get all of the cattails but probably got nearly half of them cut. Getting there!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DWSmith; 11-09-2017, 01:00 AM.
                  Nutter's Club member.

Comment

That looks more like a mini-lake than a pond! Do you use it for water storage?

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                      That looks more like a mini-lake than a pond! Do you use it for water storage?
                      It's about 1/2 acre in area but I had the guy dig it deep so it's 18+ feet at its deepest. It's just water storage for the fish, frogs, etc. at this point but if things got bad we could filter it for drinking water. About 95% of the water shed property is ours so the water is relatively clean of chemicals.
                      Last edited by DWSmith; 11-09-2017, 01:20 PM.
                      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Arrived yesterday.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by DWSmith; 09-10-2017, 10:35 PM.
                        Nutter's Club member.

Comment

That is one heck of a mobility scooter!

Comment

Smithy goes Vroom Vroom

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Looks like a riding lawn mower from a distance. The next larger machine would be a garden tractor. Then the sub-compact tractor. This is a sub-compact tractor.

Not nearly as big as Old Blue (my 1969 Ford 3000 utility tractor) but a heck of a lot gentler on the lawn. We have a fairly good sized lawn and this will be much better in the mini-orchard area, vegetable plot area, etc. and for projects around the house.
                              Nutter's Club member.

Comment

I plan to get my Iseki out of the shed for some compost hauling this evening, seeing you Kubota just made me more determined to play...er..I mean work with the tractor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X