Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever just get sick of the internet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always puzzled that some people cannot seem to use Google search. Friend of mine was saying she couldn't locate much on something to do with solar panels. The phase she used was 3 words and seemed fairly specific.

So I entered those 3 words and up appeared 2 pages of exactly what she wanted. The response I got was "I never thought of trying those words".

On another forum I read people saying they have looked at several You Tube video's and still are making no advance. I cannot see a great deal of use in You Tube, there are posts but usually it is people wanting to demonstrate what they know and not what you need to do.

Suppose that to be useful you need sound and I really hate having sound coming out of a computer. That is not a dislike but cannot abid it in any form at all.

Often switch the whole lot off, the tablet goes ding-dong when an email arrives and that is about my biggest use.

Find you have to have it for buying bits, even small bits. Wanted a derailleur cable a week ago, tried 3 local shops and got the same response at each - go on the internet and get them. One place I asked at was a large Halfords, ironically the ebay seller sold me Halfords gear cables in Halfords packaging that fitted which Halfords no longer stocked or supplied.

To an extent the idea of support local shops is impossible. They are telling you to go to the internet or making it so expensive that you have to. I want a single half height locknut, 10mm. Local supplier £2, on the internet 10 for £1:50 free postage.

Right powering off the PC, going for a walk, need to see how much of the road is blocked - new pedestrian bridge going in, road closed and tonight I need to drive somehow to the other side in effect.

Comment

There are pillocks about all over the world, navigating your way through social niceties is a skill we all have to learn but doesn't stop the whole being irritating.
      I do find lots of helpfull people in the interwebs (as in real life), it's just you have to kiss a few frogs sometimes.
      That said I have learned a lot from youtoobing and basic googggglingg which turns up educated or curios people willing to share thier knowledge or experience. Sometime you think - idiot a search would have saved you getting that wrong, then I remember all the 'learning experiences' I've mucked up.
      It is where we are so embrace the challenge i guess.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X