No announcement yet.

Book reviews

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading a Detective Jack Frost, gawd knows how old, but lovely easy reading, not too many characters to befuddle my brain
    Nannys make memories

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
      I have read one fiction book since leaving school in 1965, Brendon Chase(which we read at school) and I bought that from ebay last year and read it again for old times sake, nice book. I have a few fishing books by the same author, just cannot read fiction.
      Burnie, I thought that the number/size of fish caught and the ones that got away written about in books, was mostly all fiction
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Tad Williams four books, Dragonbone Chair,Stone of Farewell,To Green Angel Tower,Siege and Storm.

The Fantasy equivalent of War and Peace apparently. Enjoyed all four huge volumes but haven't read War and Peace yet (nor am i likely to)
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
          Burnie, I thought that the number/size of fish caught and the ones that got away written about in books, was mostly all fiction
          Rary I could bore you to death with the photographs, I do occasionally actually catch big fish(not as often as I'd like mind)

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
            Rary I could bore you to death with the photographs, I do occasionally actually catch big fish(not as often as I'd like mind)
            Size isn't everything! I spend my time fishing for wild brown trout where 3/4lb is deemed to be a good supper fish.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

VC have you read William Horwood's book Scallagrigg, I read that book a number of years ago, and found it a very moving story, if you haven't read it try it I think you will enjoy it
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Now reading Extraordinary People by Peter May, this is the first book by this author I have read and I think its a good read

Comment

I'm now reading Tennison by Lynda La Plant
                  Nice read about Jane Tennison from the start of her career
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

What put some me off those books NS is the fact I always picture Helen Mirren and I'm not awfully keen on Helen Mirren so don't want her invading my mind as I read!
                    sigpic

Comment

I am currently reading A game of thrones by George RR Martin

But I have also read books by Karin Slaughter they are good if you like crime and of course James Patterson - Alex Cross series.
                      Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        What put some me off those books NS is the fact I always picture Helen Mirren and I'm not awfully keen on Helen Mirren so don't want her invading my mind as I read!
                        Jay, she's only a very young police woman. Can't imagine Helen Mirren in the role in this one
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

Yes but that's who I see when anyone mentions Jane Tennison unfortunately NS!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've just finished the five books in the Joona Linna detective series by Lars Kepler. They're good long books, and I did enjoy the storylines and the characters. On the downside I think that the translation from Swedish probably hasn't been the most successful - in particular some of the conversations seemed a little odd. But for anyone who likes scandi-noir I think they're pretty good books.

I've just started on the Ragnar Jonasson crime books which are set in Iceland - a bit slower in pace, but easier to read.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X