No announcement yet.

How popular is your name?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe I actually clicked on the site with a name like John.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

My name is after Sarah, a Hebrew princess. Popular in Sweden and USA in the 1950's
      There were two of us at school and our parents became friends. She passed the 11 plus, I didn't
      Nannys make memories

Comment

Scarlet with one T was most popular in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Mine peaked in the 1940s too @1,655 per million. Seems the name fell out of use about 1975
          I'm starting to feel like a museum piece
          I wonder why
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Mine, a boys' and girls' name, peaked for girls in 1970 with 230/million.
            When I was born mum wanted a boy, so chose a name that would cover both eventualities
            At that time it was a mere 100/million.
            Trouble is most people spell my name the male way, which is a tad annoying

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              My real name peaked in 1920s 122 per million
              The name everyone knows me by peaked in 1880s 1.216 per million
              ( but isn't accurate because these are the numbers for the male population )

Is everyone nicely confused?
              Didn't know Small Pumpkin was a proper given name!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                Didn't know Small Pumpkin was a proper given name!
                I just tried looking for small pumpkin, surprisingly it wasn't there ! But it did ask if I wanted to create a new page. I was very tempted

Comment

Piggin typical...................

First name as common as cow doo dah.

Middle name is a bit more interesting as I was named after a bar in Singapore.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

There were 5 Richards in my gang of mates as kids in the 1950's, that's how I ended up being called burn and it's stuck ever since. There's a lot of people that never knew my real name, which came in handy now and then lol.
                    Oh and apparently I'm a noble leader and a whole ruck of kings had the same name......(really!!?)
                    Last edited by burnie; 24-07-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Mine peaked in the 1960's so Mum must have had quite a bit of foresight! It's Hebrew and means "to seize the heel" so anyone wanting to take me for a fool - watch out!
                      I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

My christian name peaked in 1990 with 2,931 per million - about right as I was born 85.

My shortened version that I am known by, peaked in the US in the 50s - that did surprise me!

Comment

Mine peaked in the 1900s. No surprise why I'm often the only one most people have ever met. They sometimes vaguely remember a faded maiden aunt with the same name...
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Still one of the most popular boy's name in Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland. Good to know.
                            Last edited by DWSmith; 29-08-2017, 02:07 PM.
                            Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Mine is Latin for small which is very apt as I'm just over 5ft. Most popular in the 1950's.
                              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X