Who would you like to meet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
    Rary - I'm now building a mental image of you and so far I have short arms and long pockets
    Actually Cad. my arms are normal to long in length, it just that my pockets are very deep, what do you think caused me to need new knees

And thanks for that kind thought lottie dolly you paint a better picture than Cad.
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
      I would like to meet some of the brave souls way back in time who tested foods.
      I've always thought that the bravest person who ever lived was the first person that ate an oyster.
      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

^^^ I think this about many foods - I said to my OH t'other day - I wonder how they found out that rhubarb leaves are poisonous but the stems are delicious?!

I'd like to meet all of you! I think we should have a vine trip out. Where is smack bang centre of the UK?

p.s. Rary if you ask really nicely we'll have a whip round to pay for your ticket - we wouldnt want you to miss out!

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
          p.s. Rary if you ask really nicely we'll have a whip round to pay for your ticket - we wouldnt want you to miss out!
          Will you pay for my ticket too?
          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Vixy you are so kind,,,,,, now what do you want, usually when a woman is being nice she wants something, if it costs money, forget it
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

I would like to meet:
              1) Sir Anthony Hopkins - so I can gaze dreamily into his eyes!
              2) Tom Kerridge - so I can tell him how brilliant his recipes are.
              3) A good, well-established medium - just out of interest to see their rate of accuracy and if there's some detail they couldn't possibly have known.
              4) The late, great Geoff Hamilton - he (and his tight jeans) got me into gardening and for that I am ever grateful.
              5) My ancestors - I often wonder where the earliest came from and what they looked like.
              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Rary - did Vix say that the ticket was for a camel?

Ginger is really good for the sea sickness symptoms they can give you.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Mousetrousers View Post
                  I would like to meet:
                  1) Sir Anthony Hopkins - so I can gaze dreamily into his eyes!
                  Just for you:-

Click image for larger version

Name:	Silence-of-The-Lambs-Anthony-Hopkins-01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	2372734

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    Just for you:-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73760[/ATTACH]
                    Don't forget:

Nutter's Club member.

Comment

I used to be in the music business way back and met a lot of "pop stars", for the most part a disappointing event, ditto a few folk off the telly. My wife reckons I'm a hermit and would live on an island or on the top of a mountain as I'm not fussed meeting folk. I do like some people, but my own company is just fine. I'm going to see Ray Mears later in the year, but to be honest I'd rather meet Les Hiddins(the Bush Tucker Man off the telly 20 years ago).

Comment

I would love to meet some of my distant relatives and understand about their lives back then.
                        None had any money... but they did move around and to England from Scotland,Ireland and Wales.
                        Just a few hours chat with each of them would be wonderful....and just see their faces.

If I had to choose a couple, it'd be my mother's great-grandfather who moved from Ireland after bankrupting himself, and my grandfather's grandfather on my father's side who grew up in and out of the Workhouse.
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Actually- if I met Dr Who, he could take me to them if I asked very, very nicely???!!!

Could you be Dr Who Rary ?...I can imagine you with bits of string in your pocket and a fluffy sticky sweet or two in there!!
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                            I'd like to meet all of you! I think we should have a vine trip out. Where is smack bang centre of the UK?
                            vixy, it would need to be at a garden with plenty of fruit, vegetables and flowers, and have a good cafe/restaurant where VC could buy NS and myself a meal, oh and I suppose one for herself also, after all she can't just sit there gazing into my eyes, and DW you would be most welcome to come over, but I think it would be too far for you to fly, as there is nowhere for you to rest when your arms get sore and tiered
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 25-05-2017, 03:27 PM. Reason: Fixing quote

Comment

I did meet Joanna Lumley many moons ago when I sold her a computer system and installed it at her Wimbledon home and gave her some training on Word processing and she made me coffee and biscuits.

I came away with signed photos for all the guys I worked with and one for myself but not one for my Dad who was most annoyed. She was a lovely lady and I was and shall always be a little in love with her and when she appears on TV my wife calls and says your girlfriend is on the box!
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                I would love to meet some of my distant relatives and understand about their lives back then.
                                None had any money... but they did move around and to England from Scotland,Ireland and Wales.
                                Just a few hours chat with each of them would be wonderful....and just see their faces.

If I had to choose a couple, it'd be my mother's great-grandfather who moved from Ireland after bankrupting himself, and my grandfather's grandfather on my father's side who grew up in and out of the Workhouse.
                                My Great G Dad died when he slid on a banana skin in Birminghams fruit and veg market on the way home from his mistress. I suppose his wife and 11 kids were waiting for him.
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X