No announcement yet.

Easter Bank Holiday plans?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today: work, gardening, work, roast leg of lamb round at a friend's.
    Saturday: antiques fair followed by late lunch at some friends' place (note to self: still friends, so don't argue back!).
    Sunday: work, gardening, work.
    Monday: work, gardening, work.

Gardening tasks: start off parsnips and celeriac in paper pots, plant out Charlottes, watering and do as much digging as I can manage. Try and deal with at least some of the wild rocket... hateful stuff.

Comment

Today - a much-needed tidying up for visitors tomorrow.
      Tomorrow morning - more tidying up after disruption in the kitchen by my OH chef.
      Tomorrow afternoon - as before, plus setting the table and anything else I probably have forgotten but will be surely be reminded of.
      Tomorrow night - our dear friends and neighbours will be coming for a meal consisting of crab fritters followed by roast stuffed goose with veg, then what afters my OH has planned.
      As for Sunday - start with head under duvet followed by several strong cups of tea, a quick glance of all the washing-up to do, find available surface to put OH on until he recovers enough to help me. I only have a table-top dish-washer in our tiny kitchen so, as the quote goes - "Think I need a bigger....!"
      I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Fill a skip with rubble
        Swear about the previous owner and the rubble
        Nurse my back
        Wash down some water tanks and the patio with ***** fluid and gh2 if I am adventurous.
        Contemplate ordering another skip for the poxy rubble.

Hubby will hopefully finish the wetroom today after his week off but working hard at home and he can have a lazy weekend.

The girls started there easter last weekend when they started to get their first lot of choc.

Well hope everyones Easter is nicer than mine

Comment

As I said weather dependant, so today was dodge the showers and do some gardening.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

What's this work thingy(yes, one of the retired and smug brigade lol).

Comment

A mild vent.

Everything we planned to do today was arranged around the wet weather that was forecast, however so far not one drop has fallen.

I ended up tidying a flower border in my garden, removing all my snowdrops and extracting all the Arum & Three Cornered Garlic hiding in it, light forking, moving & removing some plants & a heavy mulch.

Mowed & edged the lawn, shocked to find the ground so dry, had to water a lot onto my plantings.

If no rain by tomorrow, then the hose has to go into my water butts.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm on my moped heading for Brighton - watch out Rockers...

(not really)

More of a Rocker...
                sigpic
                1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Friday- went for a meal, was stone cold had full refund went to 3 other places weren't serving til 6 ended up in spoons.. pfft.
                  Yesterday - day at the 'lotment
                  Today - morning at 'lotment, now getting fat and watching F1

Off to Newquay on Friday coming for a long weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post

(not really)

More of a Rocker...
                    Like Val Doonican?

Comment

Family coming tomorrow for granddaughters first Easter egg hunt. She has been well primed with me reading her story books about egg hunts. I have embroidered her a little bag to put her eggs in.

Then we are having roast beef and trimmings and cherry trifles.

The hot cross buns, simnel cake, chocolate egg nest cakes and easter bunny and egg biscuits are made and decorated.

And the table is laid.Click image for larger version

Name:	05-4-15 easter5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	2372055

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post

(not really)

More of a Rocker...
                        Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Like Val Doonican?
                        https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=va...AjPj2dOg4LKSM:

There you go

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Bee View Post
                          Family coming tomorrow for granddaughters first Easter egg hunt. She has been well primed with me reading her story books about egg hunts. I have embroidered her a little bag to put her eggs in.

Then we are having roast beef and trimmings and cherry trifles.

The hot cross buns, simnel cake, chocolate egg nest cakes and easter bunny and egg biscuits are made and decorated.

And the table is laid.[ATTACH=CONFIG]72767[/ATTACH]
                          Looks lovely Mrs Bee, have a great day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X