Lucky

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky

I've been watching the plight of homeless people on television. Also the activists who camp out at areas trying to stop govenment constructing oil wells, airports etc in areas of outstanding beauty. Even eco warriors making 'camps' in the woods.

I was thinking about all this while sitting in my summerhouse and thought 'Crikey, this would make a good place to live' comparing it to where I'd seen others had to sleep.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thinking of moving in, I was just thinking of how fortunate I am that I have a nice cozy home to go to.

As you were.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Fully behind you there Snadge.
    Sometimes we need those wake up call moments to realise how lucky we are.

Sometimes things may not be as we would wish them to be...grass is always greener moments....but I'm pretty sure those poor people would swap places with any of us without hesitation.

You do need to look around and be greatful for what you have and not constantly be looking for what else you could have aswell.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Me too, and I never take it for granted either. Some people either genuinely have no place to live or give up their homes for a while in order to make a serious protest about something that could affect us all. Have you read "A Street Cat Named Bob" which relates to my first point.
      I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

It's a good thought, Snadger. I live in very primitive conditions by most people's standards, a run-down farmhouse that needed/needs a lot of work. When we arrived, someone asked me wasn't I worried about living without modern amenities. This was just after a huge earthquake in the Himalayas and people were going to have to spend winter in tents. Sure as eggs are eggs, they would have been very pleased to live in my conditions instead.

Comment

4\5 years ago my business partner cleaned out my bank account. Most of my furniture and belongings were in storage at the time. I couldn't pay the rent. By the time my finances were back on track the rental company had sold my belongings. It hurt when I went to a local yard to see my mum's desk, my oh's property there and I couldn't afford to buy it back. I'm no longer so upset about the furniture but it was the personal stuff that hurt.

The only way I could deal with this was to think of all the people through the ages who've lost everything. I still have a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food to eat.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

though you do live in Newcastle...

my condolences... can't you move to Whitley Bay?
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

but in all seriousness, well said...
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I saw an interview with that teenager who won the Lottery and was going to sue them because it ruined her life. OK - when you're that age you may not have the maturity needed to handle so much money but if it was too much, why not give a lot to those small and needy charities? It really p**s me off when some people spend mega amounts of money on things that they don't really need, fashionable and expensive clothes they only wear once, buying the "latest" equipment but can't pay the rent etc. I saw another interview with a woman who'd taken in three Asian refugees whose journey to England was truly horrific as was their life in that country. What lovely, well-mannered boys and they are now studying to get a better life - I think one was hoping to be a doctor - and it really puts things into perspective as do the videos of people still living in that country who don't even know if they will be alive the next day. GRRRRRRR!
                I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

If you get chance, you must watch the movie "Lion". It's based on a true story & very pertinent.
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 05-03-2017, 11:34 AM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X