What to do?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

If anybody knows what I should do I figure someone here knows.

I had a wonderful dream last night that I was pulling big, beautiful carrots from my vegetable plot.

What would be in order; therapy? 12-step program? just hang out here more? all of the above?
    Nutter's Club member.

I don't blame you for dreaming of eating proper carrots, its my dream also.! Carrots need to be eaten within hours of harvesting to appreciate the taste and get the best nutrition from them. I am sick of the tasteless carrots you buy in the shops, evn the ones with the leaves left on don't taste fresh to me!

Looking orward to my harvest, then eating them as I need them, but harvested no more than an hour earlier!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Buckets, planters and pots that all I have to say......................oh and no faffing!
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I have never successfully grown carrots yet! I can dream though!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DWSmith View Post
          What would be in order; therapy? 12-step program? just hang out here more? all of the above?
          Its time to join the http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...s%27+club.html

Comment

I don't know if I want to belong to a group that would accept me as a member but I'll check it out.
            Nutter's Club member.

Comment

In answer to your question - are you psychic? If so, this could be the year for you! If not, phone the NHS Helpline NOW!! The only time I have ever managed to grow carrots was when I sowed them in late June / early July. Just made a little furrow with my trowel, bunged - sorry - sprinkled the seeds in quite thickly, then covered the furrow up with my hands. Didn't know they'd nearly all germinate so had to thin them out a lot, but they were great!
              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Don't worry, I dreamt the other night that someone had given me an allotment a mile long and about 1/2 a mile wide and I had to get it ready using no dig raised beds in time for this growing season as it belonged to the Queen...............
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

...............Its easy to see why you're a happy Nutter
                  So, DWS, you'll be in good company in our group

Comment

there is always the s........mark.........ts!
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      ...............Its easy to see why you're a happy Nutter
                      So, DWS, you'll be in good company in our group
                      Going to the link you provided I can see that being a Nutter will be very demanding so I promise that I'll do all I can to live up to what is expected of me. (Geez! Did I just say that?!?!?!)
                      Nutter's Club member.

Comment

I've seen your comments on the Nutter's Group, DW. You're obviously a natural

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          I've seen your comments on the Nutter's Group, DW. You're obviously a natural
                          At first I thought that was a good thing but upon further reflection I'm not so sure ... ???
                          Last edited by DWSmith; 04-03-2017, 03:11 AM.
                          Nutter's Club member.

Comment

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                            Don't worry, I dreamt the other night that someone had given me an allotment a mile long and about 1/2 a mile wide and I had to get it ready using no dig raised beds in time for this growing season as it belonged to the Queen...............
                            It wasn't located on the shore in the area between the high and low water tide marks was it??
                            I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

I used to find growing carrots very difficult on our very clayey soil that sets like terracotta if left unwatered. So I tried shortish ones (not Paris Market, which I have decided are more trouble than the tiddly carrots are worth) like Amsterdam Sprint and Lidl's Nantes 2 carrot tape. Success with both, especially the carrot tape surprisingly. OK, they might not be the carrots of your dreams, but they are pretty decent.

Having proved that I could grow those, I branched out into other varieties. The secret for me is just keeping the faith and watering regularly (in my case, every day). I was surprised at how long carrot seed takes to germinate. I think I used to give up on them too early.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X