Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos in threads. Is it possible to....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos in threads. Is it possible to....

Use a Samsung android phone and chrome to uploads photo's on the vine? Using the attachment tool no photos upload once selected and using the insert picture button option I can't get past selecting the picture point.

I see people can upload using an iPhone so was wondering if it is me being a technophobe or if android isn't compatible?

Is there an app similar to tapatalk other forums use that works on the vine?

Thanks, Nick
    Last edited by NickG; 28-02-2017, 10:19 PM.

I've just tried on my Android & had the same problems as you. I tried attaching via the icon & via "Manage Attachments"............I can select the photo but can't inset it.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I haven't been able to upload photos lately either
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

Nor me and I love photos! It's been intermittant on my iPad, rubbish on my phone. I have reported it again to admin today..you never know, it may get fixed !

Comment

Luckily I still can - from Linux / from Android

...but not from a URL as there's an error creating a temporary file

Click image for larger version

Name:	einstein-balders.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	2371297

-- and that one only worked through the 'basic upload' option, still looks like I'm special
          Last edited by Baldy; 01-03-2017, 03:29 PM.
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Nor me and I love photos! It's been intermittant on my iPad, rubbish on my phone. I have reported it again to admin today..you never know, it may get fixed !
            You are such an optimist track record so far on photo recovery and migration to a new platform make me more pessimistic, but always glad to be proved wrong. Photos loading OK from PC as long as reduced in size.

And the web page keeps jumping to the left today for some reason?
            Last edited by Cadalot; 02-03-2017, 06:41 AM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
              Luckily I still can - from Linux / from Android

...but not from a URL as there's an error creating a temporary file

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71785[/ATTACH]

-- and that one only worked through the 'basic upload' option, still looks like I'm special
              I get round the problem by just typing [img] [/img] brackets around the photo address (delete the url brackets) - the temporary file thingy has been playing up for ages.

Comment

It doesn't look like the vine supports android then

Comment

Stick with us Nick! The server fail has caused loads of forum problems, photos have gone missing, problems uploading photos, several other issues too. The admin/computer bods are trying to resolve the issues.

Comment

I gave up trying to access the forum on my Android phone, it's not Android friendly and for some reason the Whats New hyperlink is no where to be seen.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                      I gave up trying to access the forum on my Android phone, it's not Android friendly and for some reason the Whats New hyperlink is no where to be seen.
                      I can get to it via the hamburger to the right of the navagation green bar near the top of forum homepage. There's then a list of links including 'newposts'...
                      Last edited by Baldy; 02-03-2017, 08:33 AM.
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Having just tried re-sizing my profile pic again via my PC to below the recommended size and it's now on my profile settings so hopefully it will show on this post. If not, I will go and do some hovering!
                        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

MissMT, you need to edit your Avatar photo if you want it to show on your posts. Your profile picture only shows on your profile page.

Comment

VC - you are not a nutter, you are a SUPERSTAR and deserve a medal! I thought an avatar was a drawing that would show as well as my profile pic - der! So, here I am in all my glory and many thanks for your help.
                            I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Happy to help, Miss MT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X