No announcement yet.

Labelling...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Balders - have you ever thought it might not be your fault? Other people have reported getting the wrong seeds in a packet, so heave a sigh of relief and soldier on.
    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
      Thought I was getting better at labelling seeds/plants. This is a strange looking Summer Cider tomato. Suggests I need to do better...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71715[/ATTACH]
      Did you sow any cucumbers or squashes that day, Baldy?

Comment

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
        You on commission ?
        If you are Cad, then another cheque is in the post to you...On the back of this thread, I am now a proud (is that sad) owner of a Brother P Touch label printer...
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
          If you are Cad, then another cheque is in the post to you...On the back of this thread, I am now a proud (is that sad) owner of a Brother P Touch label printer...
          You will not regret it trust me... Oh you did!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Label Box.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	2371423

Here is my growing collection of labels
          Last edited by Cadalot; 09-03-2017, 09:14 AM.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Do you rent yourself out Cad for instructional seminars, one to one problem solving demonstrations and shed sorting?
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I have today hit the button on the big river shopping site. By monday I shall be labelling everything (once I've identified it)

Who do I pay the commission to if I'm another satisfied customer?

Comment

I also purchased one PT80, perfect.
                I read that the batteries do not last long--so I purchased a separate power supply.
                Still on original batteries a week later.
                Green house and garden have never looked so neat & legible.

Once again --Thank You for your original post and link.
                Feed the soil, not the plants.
                (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ESBkevin View Post
                  I have today hit the button on the big river shopping site. By monday I shall be labelling everything (once I've identified it)

Who do I pay the commission to if I'm another satisfied customer?
                  Well, it sorta works on a pyramid type structure so that would be me
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                    Well, it sorta works on a pyramid type structure so that would be me
                    Really ......... I don't think so
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Did you sow any cucumbers or squashes that day, Baldy?
                      Not gonna say one way or t'other... looks like I might have...
                      You can't prove nuffin copper (mod)
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

So having carefully labelled everything, why do I now have a tray of 'unknowns'? I don't even know whether they are veg or flowers! Where did the label go?

Comment

Originally posted by Twynyrodyn View Post
                          So having carefully labelled everything, why do I now have a tray of 'unknowns'? I don't even know whether they are veg or flowers! Where did the label go?
                          Here there are several reasons why labels vanish -

I forgot (more like could'nt be bothered and decided to surprise myself if anything grew so that I could play the 'wonder what it is' game.

The elderly dog has been on the raised beds again and knocked them scatty.

The Grandkids have made a rare visit, they are 5 and 3, so decided to hide them under my Elephant Ears plant like last year.

The local cat population have dug them up as part of their 'hide the poo' imperative.
                          Last edited by Lumpy; 26-03-2017, 03:01 PM.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Twynyrodyn View Post

I write on those white plastic labels with a pencil then clean them with a bit of wet 'n dry paper, doing that seems to work out fine for me.

As for labels they end up in the same place as odd socks.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Maybe one day.......

In the meantime, masking tape written on with ball point pen seems to bridge the gap until pennies allow..
                              Last edited by NickG; 26-03-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

My p-labeler arrived and I cut up a 2ltr drink bottle into lable shaped things, then stuck the printed labels on them. So not cheap but plenty of recycling at least and the lables look great.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X