Calling all seed experts :)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

splendid Kelivn

We moved to North Devon to make it harder for the kids to escape - you've done at least one better
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

I think we have thread drift (tangentisation). I was going to go into a long story about the weirdness of the public especially when I worked for my dad as a receptionist. Somebody said the books about the vet in the yorkshire dales was rubbish as people aren't that stupid. Oh yes they are!
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
        Aahhh, I"d love to be young and naive again.

When you get older, and bitter and twisted like the rest of us 'old uns' you'll discover that dealing with the public is a 'one way love'
        Kevin, Nil illegitima carborundum!
        Last edited by Nicos; 27-01-2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Haha you're right, customers are some times a pain I've had 1-2 nasty people but those are usually wanting something that is not garden related or money off something, but I have my reg who come in to see me on my days in and some will only be served by me which I quite like

I've just been in work over the weekend and found some seeds that came off a promo and would only go in the bin if no one took them, I took loads (I am the only one who sows seeds and actually gardens at my place of work) So thought Id give some away to people who I seen hanging around the seed area, when I approached people they still gave me a side ways look as if to say what you after, even though I was giving them seeds free haha.

The old boys were over the moon, they were like "oh us gardeners never refuse freebies" haha.

There is a totally different customer base in the seed/bulb depo as most of these folk know what they are talking about. Where as out side where the plants are most of those people eat with their eyes, they want to put it in the ground and "there its done" type of thing, they have no patients.

Where as the seedaholics know what they want, what they wanna pay for it and want the max seeds they can get their hands on.

So if anyone wants a few packs of cosmos and toms and lives near Birtley pop in store on a sat or sun and see jen
          Last edited by 4390evans; 06-02-2017, 10:17 AM. Reason: Forgot to add days
          If you want to view paradise
          Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X