X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Florence Fennel, what's it like?

Comment

• Good Morning All I don't like it Snoop. I don't feel in control and the Victoria Sandwich was rubbish It's going back. Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Hope the hiccoughs stayed away

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, FF. Cup of tea to commiserate?

And yes, they did. Thank goodness. And it was beef as well.

Dark here still. I've just had a look at the weather forecast. According to their 'radar', there's a tiny little green blip of cloud sitting right above us even as I write. Won't be there for long, apparently, and no rain... Didn't know they used radar for weather forecasting. There's something I've learned today already.

Have a good one, everyone.
          Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-09-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Mornin Flo'nall n'all

First birds just starting to sing....Gosh, Monday already!
            Hibou says "good morning"

I was very kindly given a carrier bag of sour apples yesterday which will be great for making mint jelly....really chuffed cos it looks like we have absolutely no apples on any of our 6 apple trees!

Have a great day y'all
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All, it's been raining over night it's dark and overcast here and looks like it could be a little grim. I had a blinding morning on the allotment yesterday it was so sunny and warm but why does time increase by a factor of 3 when you are on the allotment Four and a half hours felt like about an hour and a half?
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy here bit of a let down after yesterdays all day sunshine.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Just been listening to the nice BBC weather lady. According to her this area has woken up to a misty morning which will clear later. Mist would have been OK. The persisting, wetness that is falling out of the sky isn't.

Anyway. I now have a house to clean. I was coming home for an hour or two during the day last week when my granddaughter was at school. More to check the plants than anything. The kitchen looks as if a bomb's hit it and there's dust everywhere from my ndn's building works. Cleaning the floor's going to happen but a lost cause until it stops raining.

I'd rather go sloe picking although I'm not sure where to go as my elderberry/blackberry/sloe hedges have been grubbed up to build houses. They were supposed to be left. The developers say they are going to replace them. How do you replace an ancient hedge?

I think I'll have another cuppa first.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A beautiful morning with bright sunshine streaming in through the windows.
                    Grandaughter has an unexpected day off so we have decided to take a trip to the botanicgardens.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Have just got back in for a cuppa then off to work in a few mins. Left house at 7.45 to take Han to school and there were road works and traffic everywhere. So managed to get her there on time and decided to take the long route to get Will to school. Long route took even longer as the road I needed to go on was closed. So finally managed to get him to school on time but he then had docs at 9.20 so dropped him off to get signed in and pick him up at 9.10. Picked him up and got to docs at 9.15. Didn't get seen until 9.50. So dropped him back at school then went and queued at chemists for his stuff. Then had to go to Tescos for shopping.
                      I so needed this cup of tea.
                      Have a good day everyone
                      sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,a lot of rain here,just glad we have spent most of the time down the plots,as got a decent amout done,next month we can have fires again,so a lot to do then,i feel a bit traped when it rains,as i have to stay in,have a good day all and be good to yourselves
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has turned out to be a nice day here, this morning I thought it was going to be a wet day so took OH to Glasgow, which was a waste of time as she went and bought stuff I didn't need plus our meal of course, now for out to the garden for a time before it gets dark, see you later
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all

Our cat Fizz says hi to Hibou, Nicos She was very poorly recently and looked sad and skinny but is now eating well again and putting weight back on. Horrible when pets are ill.

Trying to pack in gardening while the weather is nice but things keep on cropping up. Today we had a tour of the secondary school my daughter may be going to next year.

Hopefully the weather will be fine tomorrow to get on with things. Some crops are looking a bit sad now.

Need to start eating marrows ...
                            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good evening, managed to get quite a lot cleared from the flower garden and shredded, then tidied up the veg plots a bit also found a flat worm in one of the raised beds, but to valence that off I also found a worm in the largest raised bed, so happy about that a nd as I am filling rubble bags for growing veg in I can try different methods to clear the flat worm from the beds, I was a bit late getting to my bed last night or should say this morning, then ten past four the phone rang, someone looking for a taxi, I don't mind a mistake, we can all make them some time (I suppose even I might do something wrong sometime) but it gets me angry when drunk people make the mistake I am surprised they ever managed to open their phone. No matter I am as well just to forget it, the next time that happens I will tell them I will pick them up in half an hour. Well off to watch a recording of gardeners world, then an early night for us, I suppose I would be better to let OH get to sleep before I go to bed just as a precaution Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Too dark to judge the weather but feels warm. Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X