No announcement yet.

Minor rant thread 2017

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocketron - Lumpy isn't able to go to a supermarket - that's why she has to online shop.

My rant is that, if you place your order weeks in advance, your order should take priority over casual shoppers.

.........and I know I'm on the wrong thread but my book order was delivered today - didn't expect it until after Christmas.

Comment

• If the local store doesn't have it in stock they should be capable of doing a next day delivery from another shop,I think it's really badly organised,we could do it better but the postmans not working much at the mo....
      Last edited by Jungle Jane; 23-12-2017, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• All my sons and my deliveries should have arrived by the end of yesterday. We are missing a few. I had to go and do the majority of my shopping today, which I did. One parcel arrived whilst I was out, fortunately it fitted through the letterbox. We are still missing about 5 that should have arrived by yesterday. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow that I know of apart from Sunday lunch with my youngest. Just hope and pray that they are delivered tomorrow.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Amazon left a card rather than the package at my mum's, bugger.

Comment

• My throat is like sandpaper today!!!
            sigpic

Comment

• Large seed companies......grrrrrrrr!

After spending the last few days going through the catalogues I would love it if all of them (there is one) actually put a banner on the varieties of veg that are suitable for small spaces and pots etc.

Modern houses tend to have small gardens and even large gardens can be very restricted for space because of kids and pets etc. Allotment lists can have you waiting for years so those that want to grow have to in limited areas.

I know that there are small seed packet suppliers but they don't really have the stuff I need for my small spaces. I also know that many things can be planted closer together to give a small plant e.g cabbage but why should I run the increased risk of pests and diseases.

Pretty please with a cherry on top adapt your marketing strategy so I can shop more easily.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Myself and several members of our family went to view my sil’s art exhibition. We checked the times and days that it is being shown. My goddaughter and her husband travelled from S Wales specifically for it. When we got there all the doors were shut and locked. The posters on the doors and the website said they were open. We are very peeved (very polite way of putting it). Not happy.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                  My throat is like sandpaper today!!!
                  I'm with you!

Comment

• Next doors dog is coming into garden. Has been for ages. Didn't want to report them to their landlord for it again but it keeps getting out on to the road too. It's been bought back by other neighbours to them. It barks loads and has woken husband up some mornings.
                    Anyway MIL thinks it's not worth reporting it cos the dog isn't the problem the owner is. She thinks I could block up the current gap in the bottom of the hedge it comes through. But that won't stop it trotting round as it escapes through their front hedge. Or from it using another bit of the hedge to get through.

Just found a message from February I'd put in a diary about it barking.

10 February
                    Emailed AA their HO and cc'd in environmental health about the dog.

She has replied saying:
                    I have called them and advised them not to leave the dog unattended.

Please let me know if it carries on.

And Env Health have replied saying:

The situation you have described should be reported either to the RSPCA or, if you feel the dog is dangerous and poses a real threat, to the police. The Dog Warden only deals with dogs that have escaped and need to be contained until their owner is found, he does not advise on dog welfare/owner practices.

Comment

• People who can't remember which day of the week it is should NEVER try to do Internet Banking!!!!!!!
                      Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X