Did you know.....?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know.....?

* The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as a substitute for Blood Plasma. (Allegedly)

* No piece of paper can be folded in half more than seven times.

OK, go on... I'll wait.

* Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes or shark attacks.
    (So watch your ass!)

* You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.

* Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.

* The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.

* American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

* Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.

* Apples, not caffeine,are more efficient at waking you up in the morning .

* Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.

* The first owner of the Marlboro Cigarette Company died of lung cancer. So did the first 'Marlboro Man'.

* Pearls dissolve in vinegar.

* The ten most valuable brand names on earth:
    Apple, Coca Cola, Google, IBM, Microsoft, GE, McDonalds, Samsung, Intel and Toyota

* A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.

* Dentists recommend that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
    (So close the lid on your toilet and move that brush!)

And lastly...

* Turtles can breathe through their butts.

and....

did you manage more than 7 folds?
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

4-5 raw runner beans are poisonous.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I just love this kind of trivia and had a book with many unknown and interesting facts that was on a bookshelf; however, the book did not tell me how to locate it from where last I put it then I could have amazed you with many other such wonderful facts. OK - I'm going to wing it the first couple without resorting to the internet.

The reason a cat lands on its feet is something to do with certain cells in its pancreas.

The English money term LSD comes from the Roman equivalent of pounds, shillings and pence as in librae, soldi, denarii. 12 denarii were rated equal to 1 gold solidus – a 4th-century Roman coin, and as 240 denarii were cut from one Roman libra of silver, 240 denarii equalled one pound.

Slightly cheating on't internet but I know that:
      Handshakes were originally meant to make sure that the person you were meeting wasn’t carrying a concealed weapon. The hand clasp proved that your hand was empty and shaking was meant to dislodge any weapons hiding up the sleeve.

Now for those optimists who love quizzes:
      You can’t hum while holding your nose closed.
      Farting helps reduce high blood pressure and is good for your health.
      Scientists claim that the higher your I.Q., the more you dream in your sleep. (I have rather vivid dreams so Mensa awaits me).
      Flamingos can only eat with their heads upside down.
      On Jupiter and Saturn it rains diamonds. (Aha! That's the real reason for the space race!)
      I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

MMT - that made my laugh as my OH was trying to hum with his nose pinched closed.

Camels can't walk on ice.

Koala's are suffering from V.D

Father Christmas was always shown dressed in green until Pokey Pola re-designed him in their colour red.

My OH will never have high blood pressure.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Too much trivia for my poor,tired head at the moment. I will try again later.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X