Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is on your Christmas day menu then.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah watch it Sparrow - you might see an unseasonal influx of visitors.
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

On Christmas day this year we have decided to do a long lunch (the two of us). For menu we will have
      - Foie gras on brioche bread (my mother has just brought it - my sister made it, and I will bake the bread)
      - Smoked salmon on blinis (at the moment I have a craving for it!)
      - Champagne sorbet to cleanse the palate & a glass of it to toast the Queen
      - Poussins stuffed with chestnuts, pear and pancetta, served with roast potatoes and carrots (from the garden!)
      - A small selection of cheeses and biscuits, with homemade green tomato chutney (the only one I made!)
      - Raspberry Souffle for dessert

And for dinner if we are still hungry, it will be chicken terrine with a salad (at least one green, potentially)

Have a great feasting day all!
      Nature is amazing
      Instagram: @frankinkent

Comment

Well we will have what we always have and what my family love.
        Roast turkey and baked ham.
        Roast and mashed potatoes.
        Sprouts, parsnips, carrots, peas and corn because we have some picky eaters when it comes to veg.
        Yorkshire puds and of course gravy.
        Desert will be Chtistmas pudding with cream or custard. Ice cream for those who dont like pudding.
        Irish coffee or Baileys.
        We dont have a starter as we all agree it takes the edge off our appetite.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Well, as my ol' man used to say..........if tha' can't pronounce it, don't eat it.......................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Like my Grandad used to say if we went out for a meal, he would always opt for steak, and when asked "well done, medium or rare sir" he would alway's rely "Just cut off it's hoofs and wipe it's A**e" could be quite embarrassing at times! .............
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I still say that Deano

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                We dont have a starter as we all agree it takes the edge off our appetite.
                I'm the opposite, have a starter and miss off the pud.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I'm the opposite, have a starter and miss off the pud.
                  Me too...
                  can always snaffle some cake or whatever later on in the day/night
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

Ours will be seafood starter, roast beef for us red meat eaters, chicken for OH who only eats chicken or fish...boring I know! Roast potatoes, veg, Yorkshire puds, and trimmings. Dessert will be trifle or profiteroles. There is just one problem with it all...cooking it as I am a terrible cook!
                    sigpic

Comment

Food off some sort,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Wow so organised...................... We will fill a pan with all the root veg, squash and a few onions that fits put a roasting grid on top and plonk the chicken (stuffed) on, stick on two more drumsticks with cocktail sticks (none of this family like breast meat so the in-comers get that) put it in the oven and when the chicken's cooked we'll eat it. If we are really organised we'll bake some potatoes and on a good year there will be sprouts boiled to be ready at the same time. Pudding is homemade raspberry ripple ice cream and/or a special low fat, oat based pudding type cake made by OH absolutely loaded with dried fruit and nuts.
                        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X