Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 'I need ideas please for a pressie' thread!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just had a look through the link BM put on inote that they recommend an I-pad over a Samsung tablet are I-pad easier to work, or would I be better going for a fire tablet, for someone who is not technically minded, they have trouble working the tv remote
    ans Nicos I also noted they recommended a coffee machine we have two of the one each from son and daughter but prefer using instant coffee from the jar

ps. and we are not old
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Anyone else needing help,with pressies???
      Nope...................

Comment

I use an iPad exclusively, am not technical at all. Find it really easy
        Originally posted by rary View Post
        just had a look through the link BM put on inote that they recommend an I-pad over a Samsung tablet are I-pad easier to work, or would I be better going for a fire tablet, for someone who is not technically minded, they have trouble working the tv remote
        ans Nicos I also noted they recommended a coffee machine we have two of the one each from son and daughter but prefer using instant coffee from the jar

ps. and we are not old
        Nannys make memories

Comment

Thanks NS. I know this may come as a surprise but it was the difference in price I was thinking of
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
            just had a look through the link BM put on inote that they recommend an I-pad over a Samsung tablet are I-pad easier to work, or would I be better going for a fire tablet, for someone who is not technically minded,
            Rary I use a Kindle fire bought it mostly because the price I just wanted something portable that was smaller than the laptop, but with a larger screen than my iphone that I could use in the garden and on the sofa. For ease of use I prefer the desktop with its proper keyboard
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

How about buying and planting a tree for your lovely old nan?
              I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Tried to edit post - nope - sorry. Here it is again: How about buying and planting a tree for your lovely mum? Just put the label in an envelope so she can open it whenever.
                I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Now THATS a lovely idea!^^^^^

She has no garden , but we could plant it here and I could send her piccies and then she'd see it when she comes over( twice a year..at her age too!)
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

For nan, treat trip out somewhere like patisserie above, theatre, concert, restaurant. Or something that she wouldn't keep - maybe a hamper of really nice food items she wouldn't normally buy for herself (things like jar of peaches in brandy, luxury biscuits, coffee), make it up yourself to minimise packaging/space.

For IT whizz, how about a personalised photo mouse mat (high street photo developing places produce them, using your chosen photo, often same-day)

Comment

Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                      I use an iPad exclusively, am not technical at all. Find it really easy
                      I'm using mine at the moment but I wouldn't have got one if it didn't come with work. I find it quite frustrating at times as there are so many things you just can't do with apple products which are an absolute doddle on other systems. When you Google how to you usually find loads of their people equally frustrated. They have their way of doing things and aren't remotely flexible plus as already said, they're expensive because of the label. OH has a Samsung, much better value and more logical to use.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Be careful with samsung tablets,they've been in the news about catching fire some of them. Check reviews etc & anything before you buy one. Puts me off samsung though...

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                          Be careful with samsung tablets,they've been in the news about catching fire some of them. Check reviews etc & anything before you buy one. Puts me off samsung though...
                          Is that the tablets too? I know one edition of the phone was but hadn't heard it was widespread

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

My tablet and my phone are both Samsung. I have my tablet about two years now snd my phonr a year and a half. Never had a bit of trouble with either of them. My OH has I pad and I phone and would prefer mine.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              Is that the tablets too? I know one edition of the phone was but hadn't heard it was widespread
                              There's been a few incidents,one on a plane,it says "the tablet had suffered a thermal runaway"
                              Incident: Delta B764 near Manchester on Sep 25th 2016, tablet battery thermal runaway

In this paper page 8 talks about thermal runaway happening in a variety of circumstances "when the battery's overcharged,when it's rapidly discharged,when there's a cell defect,when there's cell damage & heat"
                              Page 10 mentions the devices including-Galaxy S2,Galaxy Tab2,Galaxy Tab3 etc.
                              Samsung were aware of overheating problems with the phones,do they know something about those tablets,I don't know,their batteries seem at fault & I'd just be careful if they ever felt hot.
                              http://www.cpmlegal.com/media/news/2..._v_SAMSUNG.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Rary I use a Kindle fire bought it mostly because the price I just wanted something portable that was smaller than the laptop, but with a larger screen than my iphone that I could use in the garden and on the sofa. For ease of use I prefer the desktop with its proper keyboard
                                Thanks Bren OH has a Samsung tablet but I was thinking about getting her something that I have some idea of how to work it and I see that there us a kindle that you can attach a key board to, so I think I will go for that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X