new potter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new potter

hi everyone my name sweet leak .i am new to the growing life and im looking foward to some top tips to help my lovely veg

Welcome Sweet Leak,

Please feel free to ask for any advice you need and can't find.....somebody on here will know the answer, and they are all a friendly lot.....feel free to chip in as well!
    Geordie

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure

Comment

Sweet Leak welcome on board. We are indeed a friendly lot and don't be frightened to ask any questions no matter how small. Are you growing your vegetables in your garden?
      [

Comment

We are all quite mad as well SW Welcome to the Vine.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Welcome!!!

Welcome!

I found out today that you should only water newly planted seeds and seedlings with fresh rain water or the cleanest water you can find. Water that has been standing can have a higher nitrate content and may scortch your delicate seedlings.

I usually charge £49.99 per useless random fact that I give out but you can have that one for free!!

This really is such a friendly site though, I joined a few hours ago and I can't break away - way too addictive!
          You can take the girl out of East Anglia but you can't take the East Anglian out of the girl. I can't afford the operation so my feet will always be webbed!

Comment

thanks everyone hope your ok i am growing mostly growing toms beetroot lettice carrots . this is my frist time for growing things when do you think its to plant my runner beans?

Comment

I would plant the runner beans now. Have just planted mine. They grow very quickly but you cant plant them outside until frost is past. Planted now they will will be ready to be out permanently by end of May. Good luck . Keep us posted with progres.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

thank you. ive been told by a couple people i could plant them stright outside at the beginning of the month

Comment

Sweet Leak you can plant all types of beans and peas directly into the soil. I can't because the mice pinch them and I think they are probably better started off inside. I sow one bean per cell in multi compost and they come out great. You buy the cells at the garden centres there are 24 cells per tray.
                  [

Comment

hello and welcome! I'm new to gardening too so we can learn together

Cat
                    Act - Sing - Perform!
                    Theatre Cats

Comment

Hi Catbud and Sweetleak, welcome!

You can take the girl out of East Anglia but you can't take the East Anglian out of the girl. I can't afford the operation so my feet will always be webbed!

Comment

hi how are hope all your growing goes well .what are you growing then?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X