Gardeners' World

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
    ...magazine type little tit-bits, with no depth.
    What would you prefer to see?

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
    ...especially for the 'poor people' living in the housing scheme -that could do with some colour in their dreary lives).
    Crikey! Did they actually say that? I missed that one!
    Last edited by piskieinboots; 05-09-2016, 09:41 PM. Reason: Typos. Always typos!
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

This is so irritating! I may have to watch the programme just to see who this Adam is and whether there is a hidden agenda and whether Kelvin's talking a load of rubbish to wind people up.............

Shirley not

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
        What would you prefer to see?

Crikey! Did they actually say that? I missed that one!
        Yep, watch it again - I've quoted Monty verbatim (from 43.02 seconds onwards).
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

I must have out pouring wine at that time!
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            This is so irritating! I may have to watch the programme just to see who this Adam is and whether there is a hidden agenda and whether Kelvin's talking a load of rubbish to wind people up.............

Shirley not
            Sorry VC - I'm not intentionally meaning to wind people up.
            In the scheme of things, GW lies very low when it comes to the priorities in my life - so maybe I should've just kept quiet.

However, I did watch last week's show - and stand by my comments.
            It's only my view, if it's wrong tell me.
            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

Comment

This is so irritating! I may have to watch the programme just to see who this Adam is
              He's Ronnie O'Sullivan been given a new identity and a safe house in the middle of nowhere.
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

I don't watch GW. I'd rather spend my evenings with real gardeners - on here!
                Am I included in that statment
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I've just watched it - apart from Carol and the delphinium man.
                  It was marginally better than I expected but too superficial for me. Those troughs of geraniums on sloping windowsills were asking to slide off - and I really hoped that Monty would slip in his pond
                  Was there any mention of veg or fruit apart from taking the tops of tomatoes and growing some herbs by your front door?
                  All in all, not very gripping so I'll stay with the real gardeners on here - and rary

Comment

Monty can do no wrong in my eyes, so I was looking forward to the hour long version. I enjoyed it, but thought it was maybe a bit too fragmented.

Geraniums in a window box wasn't that inspiring....Though I did learn about the huge buttercup family and how to take root cuttings, which I'll try. I liked the delphinium section too, has inspired me to try the giant variety next year.

Will be interesting to watch Adam Frost's progress, I like his Chelsea gardens.

Comment

I was hoping that carol would come back on to do the botanical bits, like she did last year. I like the old presenters, don't like new. Then again I do like the young lass who showed us her blighted tomatoes.

Not keen on adam, he reminds me of gru from despicable me!
                      Last edited by 4390evans; 06-09-2016, 07:52 AM.
                      If you want to view paradise
                      Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                        I like the old presenters, don't like new. Then again I do like the young lass who showed us her blighted tomatoes.
                        When you get to my age there are no old presenters they are all young
                        But yes I know what you mean, I like Chris Beardshaw who to me appears to be able to pass on knowledge and enthusiasm in an easy manner, Jim McColl and Monty Don do this also, I just think that Chris doesn't get the recognition he deserves, as for the rest of the presenters of gardening programs, they can all pass on something, not always of interest to me, but you never know what connections it can lead to, the Vine is the same contains a lot of knowledge, and you never know when you might want it
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I quite enjoyed it this week.
                          Last edited by KevinM67; 09-09-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I just don't lik it, I'm 32 do my gardeners world viewing is more recent, but I can remember vividly watching every week with my dad when I was little with Geoff Hamilton and it was sooo much better!

With GH at the helm it felt like watching a gardener presenting a tv program, when I watch MD it feels like I'm watching a tv presenter talking about gardening.

Maybe everything seemed better when I was a child!? Rose tinted specs maybe!?

I could stand Alan Titchmarsh in my opinion he was more suited than MD but in all honesty it couldn't be the same as the glory days of GH.

Couldn't they get Bob Flowerdew to present it!?
                            I could watch and listen to him all day!

Just my opinion.
                            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will gain a GH feel to it when Adam Frost takes over ...assuming that's the plan.

Bob Flowerdew - eww no thanks, please
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by piskieinboots View Post
                                I'm pretty sure it will gain a GH feel to it when Adam Frost takes over ...assuming that's the plan.

Bob Flowerdew - eww no thanks, please
                                Christ, I hope not .. but there may be something in what you say.

I've always been one of Monty's biggest critics on here, I certainly have been on Garderners World as a programme.

However, MD's passionate (and poetic) 'ramblings' last night sort of connected with me for some reason, which has never really done in the past.

His desire/love/life ethos (call it what you will) seemed to be more 'extreme', for want of a better word, it came across really strongly last night, more than anything I've seen/heard before.

Was it the 'last meal' from somebody who knows he's on death row ?
                                Last edited by KevinM67; 10-09-2016, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X